Model Cars Magazine Forum
Gapmaker

1936 Toyoda Model AA (Tamiya)

Unbelievable. All the paint and textures are perfect. One of the year's best. Of course, the photos are excellent too.

Edited by Lunajammer

Beautiful work!

(And who would have thought we'd see three well-built 1936 Toyodas in Under Glass this year? I wonder who's going to tackle building the weather-beaten, cobbled-up Siberian sole survivor that's now in Holland?)

I agree with Lunajammer, one of the year's best. I can't fault this model and the photography is simply outstanding.

Guys thanks alot for high appreciating my model. I tried to did my best :) As for Siberian survival AA, I'm not sure that it's real AA Model. It looks like Frankenstein which was build from hundred different cars. If You try to compare Siberian AA and Toyota Museum AA You'll find thjusand differences

Edited by Gapmaker

Beautiful job.  Don't think I've ever seen one of these before.  Sure looks like a Chrysler Airflow.

I can't pass by without chiming in.  This is absolutely awesome!  No doubt about it.  Fantastic job!  I'm a real fan of cars from the 30's era too so that's even a plus in my book. :D

Fantastic paint work, Mikhail

Edited by PhilX
change wrong word

Surely this is the box art or something!!??

Amazing quality. Like others have said, Mikhail, there's no way anyone would know you haven't built anything for two decades.

Looks 1:1

Can't praise any higher than that.

WOW! I'm very glad I saw this thread even though European or Japanese cars are not my favorite subjects. This has to be one of the cleanest builds I've seen in a long time. Especially that paint job makes me speechless. I've tried gloss black a few times and it always turns out to be a disappointment even after polishing it. But your paint job is flawless, I guess I just have to keep trying....:P What else could I say other than you did simply perfect work in every way. Wow.

Fantastic!!  Beautiful detail!  You are the only one who did one in black!  Everyone else's, including mine, is in the peach color!

super sharp- besides the flawless black paint the under chassis and tire colors are very realistic.

Mikhail, you did a SUPER JOB with this kit! Though I find the car rather ugly, the outcome is simply AMAZING - fantastic paint, nice details and top photography!