Model Cars Magazine Forum

Purple Power 359

So this is my first semi truck build, and I kinda went all out. Colors are Tamiya TS40 Metallic Black and Testors One Coat Purplelicious, covered in 3 coats of Testors gloss clear, with detail areas washed in Vallejo black wash. The dash is Model Masters Acryl wood and Tamiya flat earth. The engine/axles are Testors One Coat Lime Ice green. 
This one's almost box stock, except I got a Big Cam Cummins from an AMT kit and swapped that in place of the stock Cat 3406A. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

sS8GvGB.jpg

xH21HaF.jpg

qT1j8yE.jpg

Very cool build. I did one with almost the same color. I like the black fenders and roof, it breaks up all the purple. You need a little better light for your pics. And a picture of the dash! Doing the dash was the most fun I had building mine and yours probably looks great.

Very cool build. I did one with almost the same color. I like the black fenders and roof, it breaks up all the purple. You need a little better light for your pics. And a picture of the dash! Doing the dash was the most fun I had building mine and yours probably looks great.

yeah, sorry about the really bad pics - i'm using my phones flash since it's way too cold to take it outside plus the mirrors and fender markers are really prone to falling off. I'll be sure to get a pic of the interior.

Since y'all asked so nicely, here's a pic of the dash. Yes, I am missing the drivers seat. It kept popping out when I was trying to get the interior tub in so I just took it out. It's not a show model anyway, so it's not a big deal to me.

The dash is Model Masters Acrylic wood washed with Vallejo brown wash, and the steering wheel is Model Masters Acrylic aluminum, again washed in Vallejo brown wash to bring out some of the detail.

w3hzRNK.jpg

Edited by Dieselhead

That is really nice. Any problems with the motor swap?

Be Well

Gator

Yeah, the stock exhaust pipe coming out of the turbo sits too low, and since the cummins has a fan on it, I had to chop up the stock 3406 radiator to make it fit (since the cummins didn't come with one, it was a junkyard lot), I also had to make a plate with some styrene sheet and tube to hold the motor up into the lugs inside the frame rails. There were some minor things like making custom intake tubes and a custom radiator hose but those weren't too bad. Overall it went better than I expected.