Model Cars Magazine Forum

1925 dodge - DONE

landman

Has the 1925 Dodge ever been kitted or in diecast. I couldn't find any on the internet, which isn't a good sign. (I think I found enough info to attempt to build one, so I asked Michael to move it here as a project)

Edited by landman

Any suggestions as to what I could use to replicate this, other than a total scratchbuild?

1925%20Dodge.jpg

1924%20Dodge.jpg

Not sure what your modelling skills are, because this would be a very involved project, but I'd start with a 28-29 Ford A and a '27 Ford T coupe for the body.

• 8 months later...

The Fruitwagon kit supposedly has an unchopped coupe body. Can anyone confirm. Like Junkman says above, it would be a good starting point.

amt-1925-ford-model-t-coupe-stock-or-str

images%201.jpg

The Fruit Wagon builds as a roadster or pickup...

http://www.modelroundup.com/product-p/amt-r2-869.htm

The 'Tall T' kit has the unchopped 2dr roof.

http://www.modelroundup.com/product-p/amt-r2-670.htm

You're on the right track zeroing in on the ANT '25 Ford tall top coupe as a starting point for the the main body's upper rear corners. I have based several kit bashed bodies on those panels. I would also suggest that you have photocopies made of those direct side,rear and front photos and have those printed in 1/25 scale. Having done that everything in those images will be in scale and you can measure and cut panels to the exact size and shape you need.

• 2 weeks later...