Model Cars Magazine Forum

1925 dodge - DONE

landman

Wow is this looking good. If you need a little more meat to the tires try the tires from the AMT 26 Touring kit or the  AMT 28 Roadster kit. Heated in a cup of boiling water for 5 minutes or so they will fit your wheels, assuming that you have ground off the raised center ridge. Give you one guess how I learned that trick!

20 minutes ago, Eric Macleod said:

Wow is this looking good. If you need a little more meat to the tires try the tires from the AMT 26 Touring kit or the  AMT 28 Roadster kit. Heated in a cup of boiling water for 5 minutes or so they will fit your wheels, assuming that you have ground off the raised center ridge. Give you one guess how I learned that trick!

The '27 T touring tires are what I'm using. What you see here is the rims.

1 hour ago, Eric Macleod said:

It's starting to look like a car!

Yup. However we are nearing the part where I get impatient. Would be nice if I could send it to Brazil and let Mr. Tulio to do his magic.

Edited by landman

You know of course that you will be getting  letters of protest from all of the owners of the owners of the 1925 Dodge coupe  pointing out the very obviously incorrect number of wheel lugs you have chosen to use on this model. I hope you are ready for the shame and ridicule that comes with all of that negative attention :) 

28 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

You know of course that you will be getting  letters of protest from all of the owners of the owners of the 1925 Dodge coupe  pointing out the very obviously incorrect number of wheel lugs you have chosen to use on this model. I hope you are ready for the shame and ridicule that comes with all of that negative attention :) 

I am hunkering down for the onslaught. :(

6 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

Sure...Ford and Dodge were still pretty tight then so he may be willing to get off the Ford path in this one instance!

Uh, Both of the Dodge brothers were gone by 1925,  Dodge was being managed, for the widows of John & Horace Dodge, in 1925.  But, nonetheless, this project is fascinating me to no end!

On 1/15/2018 at 5:33 PM, Art Anderson said:

Uh, Both of the Dodge brothers were gone by 1925,  Dodge was being managed, for the widows of John & Horace Dodge, in 1925.  But, nonetheless, this project is fascinating me to no end!

I'm glad you like it Art. working on the parcel shelf tonight. Made a template using the curve of the roof and narrowed it until it just hangs in there by itself.

58918602-770-0@2X.jpg.24149025a6302734605358b9632d69ae.jpg

IMG_6826.JPG

IMG_6827.JPG

Edited by landman

The splash apron taking shape.

IMG_6854.JPG.48f9d02e36e8b5dad26375bae849fdea.JPG

The floor I am using is slightly smaller than the body opening. I added strips to make it sit in there tighter. I also added temporary stops to help locate it while I add tho the ends to fill the cavities.

IMG_6855.JPG.23231ce7b951d03806aaed84f15ea888.JPG

Edited by landman

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Hoffman said:

Pat, I keep checking every so often to see how your project is coming along. Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing it with us. -TIM-

I’ve almost caught up to him,meaning we are close to the finishing stage.I have to wait for the colors. Next is the dash. As soon as I finish the Hot Rod.