[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
landman

1925 dodge - Body mods begin

Looking good! you have a great eye for using what you have available to make this your own. The front slash apron is bang on.

Like everyone else i keep waiting for updates with baited breath. This is a really outstanding piece of work...in a good way!

On 1/15/2018 at 10:32 AM, Eric Macleod said:

Sure...Ford and Dodge were still pretty tight then so he may be willing to get off the Ford path in this one instance!

Actually, by 1925, there were absolutely no ties between Ford and Dodge:  In 1917,  Henry Ford bought out the Dodge Brothers's stock in Ford Motor Company (Ford had quit buying castings and forgings from the Dodge Brothers by about 1913-14 even), and by 1920 or so, both John and Horace Dodge had passed away, with their widows engaging a New York banking institution to manage Dodge Brothers (until 1928, when Walter Chrysler did a leveraged buyout of Dodge, adding that to his newly-organized Chrysler Corporation.

I stand corrected.  I stand by the notion that both the Dodge Brothers and Henry Ford would have approved of Pats fine model.

I believe the Dodge Brothers and Henry Ford was still close as he was a pall bearer at least for one of the brothers, if not both. They died pretty close together, but I can't remember who passed  first.

FYI ,John F.Dodge, born 10/25/1864  died 1/14/1920

Horace E.Dodge,born 5/12/1868 died 12/10/1920

Some really good craftsmanship going on with this build! 

The '25 Dodge has a split windshield with both sections opening out from the bottom. I just made the division, using half round.

IMG_7125.jpg

IMG_7126.jpg

Added woodgrain to the dash.

IMG_7127.jpg

Cool woodgrain on the dash! Is that a decal?

Mike 

20 minutes ago, mecklm said:

Cool woodgrain on the dash! Is that a decal?

Mike 

Yes. I trimmed around the dash after.

12 minutes ago, Foxer said:

Nice dash

Thanks Mike. I noticed the pledge raised the decal a bit. I wonder if decal set would help it?