Model Cars Magazine Forum

1925 dodge - DONE

landman

On 1/15/2018 at 10:32 AM, Eric Macleod said:

Sure...Ford and Dodge were still pretty tight then so he may be willing to get off the Ford path in this one instance!

Actually, by 1925, there were absolutely no ties between Ford and Dodge:  In 1917,  Henry Ford bought out the Dodge Brothers's stock in Ford Motor Company (Ford had quit buying castings and forgings from the Dodge Brothers by about 1913-14 even), and by 1920 or so, both John and Horace Dodge had passed away, with their widows engaging a New York banking institution to manage Dodge Brothers (until 1928, when Walter Chrysler did a leveraged buyout of Dodge, adding that to his newly-organized Chrysler Corporation.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice day today so I hopped into the Mustang and drove 60 miles to visit the owner of the 1:1 and the shop it is being worked on. Didn't bargain on 25 of those miles being a construction site with 3 stops in 90 degree heat in a black vinyl interior convertible. :( Nevertheless it was an enjoyable ride. Body is ready to paint. Went to his home and checked the upholstery. Should be able to do that while I wait for the paint. He ordered a spray can for touch ups and will lend it to me for the model.

IMG_7293.JPG.e84b8604f59c78217cc4e8ccb8942afe.JPG

Edited by landman

• 2 months later...

My steering column support proved to be too low. Raised the wheel and installed the dash. Now I have to somehow darken the base of the windshield.

Added a molding to the edge of the fabric roof.

IMG_7639.JPG.cee48b8d31f4b0e565be77a44d3eb64d.JPG

IMG_7641.JPG.5aa493b0dfc830e18c63f59e218739bf.JPG

Edited by landman

On 8/28/2018 at 10:40 AM, Eric Macleod said:

I agree. You hace done a really masterful job of removing the Ford from this and making it look like a real Dodge.  I especially like the treatment of the top. Can you tell us about that?

Thank you Eric. The treatment of the top involves a very sophisticated method called black textured duct tape. The only thing wrong with it is I couldn't find the grain I was looking for.

IMG_7647.JPG.455f5c31e61b44616bf42d70d22839fb.JPG

Edited by landman

I FORGOT ABOUT THIS BUILD. EXCELLENT MODEL,  EXCELLENT MODELING SKILLS, EXCELLENT BUILDER. THANK YOU FOR THE

"HOW TO" ALONG THE WAY. THIS SHOULD INSPIRE  ALL MODEL BUILDERS  TO BUILD , GUYS. IF  IT ISN'T MADE, CONVERT IT YOURSELF! SEE HERE IT CAN BE DONE ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU PAT!!!!