Model Cars Magazine Forum

2016 Camaro AMT

mademan

I received an AMT 2016 Camaro kit as an early Christmas present..... Figured I'd dive right in. Fitted it with a set of Aoshima 20" BBS and started modding the 2010 Camaro side skirts and Valence to fit.... Need to make it more aggressive looking. Also toying with the idea of using a Clearly Scale Supercharged LS engine or possible Pro-Charging the stock engine. Not 100% sure yet. I had Keith Marks make me some red and some orange stripes for the 2010 SS kit a few years ago when it was released so If I can figure out a way to make that god awful hood look better I may use the red stripes and paint the car black. Any Input or Criticisms welcomed.

It definitely looks more aggressive with the BBS rims and the side skirts from the 2010. I'll be follow this, as Ive not picked one of these up yet. Was waiting to see a nice build up of one, so I too, will be watching. Hood needs a bigger cowl induction bump, or maybe a graph from a Corvette?

Looking forward to more.

David

Looks great so far. You mentioned stripes and wanting to change to look of the hood. While the old "Skunk Stripes" looked perfect on the series 1 and 2 Camaro, they look a little forced on the newest body style. They will work but you might look at some of the newer styles being used now. I don't care for the front fender hash marks, but they look ok on the newer body styles. I like the body options from the 2010 Camaro, that seems correct for this body style. But it is your build so do  what looks best to you.

I got the passengers side skirt fitted, and started playing around with a ClearlyScale.com Resin spoiler meant for the 2009+ Challenger.... If I can mod it to fit the curve and look right it might just work.   I also started looking more into the decals that I had Made for the 2010 SS kit.... the thick red center stripe might work as well as the side hockey stick stripe.  I, still undecided if I will procharge the stock engine or use a ClearlyScale resin engine.

Been busy with work and havent had much time to work on this project, However I have started to Modify and reshape the Clearly Scale Challenger spoiler. Im still not sure if it is going to work or not, but It needs allot more work. I also decided to use the stock engine and dug out a procharger, Ill use a clearlyscale resin engine in the next one I build.

I also dug out some Hobby Designs 325/35/20 tires as the Aoshima tires that came with the BBS wheels werent wide enough for the rear. So far I am liking how it is coming together.

The wider rears look a heck of allot better

Not sure who cast the procharger unit, I am thinking it is an older VCG resins.

Well, I had 0 interest in this kit, until my dad bought a new Camaro SS so I'd better pay attention. Looks like it is coming along nicely. 

AQZwRRE.jpg

I honestly did not intend to ever buy this kit.... I had a 2011 and loved that body..... I really dont care for the new style.... but I was given this kit as a gift, and as it turns out with some tweaks I dont fully dislike the car anymore, lol