Model Cars Magazine Forum

Volkswagen Scirocco

Cpt Tuttle

Nothing a little file, sandpaper and CA glue won't fix...

Detail painted the grille.....black VW badge like on the Rabbit GTi, just like I want it.

Blacked out taillamps and matte black panel behind them, bit of a 90s tuner look, maybe a quite big oval tailpipe would look best?

The rims does fit like a glove!

Moved the bumpers more flush to the body and shortened the ends for a slimmer look.

Most of the time I hate doing engine bays, I usually glue the hood shut.....and just throw in the engine there straight from the box.
However, it was fun for some reason on this model!
I have detailed a bit more, but I'll show that tomorrow.

A very light white wash toned down the chrome on the headlights. Hardly noticeable but still more realistic. I don't want any fogged headlamps like on a rusty Ford Mondeo, after all....and yes, I'm going to fix the areas that is accidentaly painted black.

Painted the hood too. Don't know why I didn't do it earlier to be honest....

Did some more detailing under the hood. There was no brake master cylinder so I took one out of the parts bin. Also, I added battery cables and a vaccuum hose to the brake booster.

Painted the sound insulation under the hood, something I've never thought of before.

A car like this can't have a dorky little peashooter for the exhaust, but it turned out that one of the pipes from a '05 300C could be adapted to fit.

Not bad!