Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question about '57 Ford Country Squire trim.

I've been working on this Modelhaus conversion for the Revell Ranchero kit.

It's getting time to start thinking about paint and trim but while doing some research on these things I'm a little confused about the trim. It seems that some of them have the pillars around the windows done in the oak like trim and some don't as illustrated below.

I can't seem to find any info on this. Anyone know what the story is and what is correct? Thanks!

I restored a 1/1 1957 Squire a few years ago, and yes, they came with the light Oak color around the windows as shown in the brochure. The Oak matches the lower rails

OK that's about what I thought. So then would the ones without (pics above) be considered incorrect restorations? Thanks.

Edited by FordRodnKustom

Dave is correct. I found this description of the '57 Ford Country Squire trim at http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1950-1959-ford-country-squire7.htm 

A modified version of the 1955-56 Country Squire's fiberglass framing was employed, but the wood-toned Di-Noc shed the horizontal plank look. Side-window frames and the upper tailgate continued to copy the look of wood grain.

Pretty much....from 1952 -1958 all Squires used the faux wood around the window areas...in fact, if you look close you'll notice there is a stainless steel trim strip to divide the areas

Dave is correct. I found this description of the '57 Ford Country Squire trim at http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1950-1959-ford-country-squire7.htm 

A modified version of the 1955-56 Country Squire's fiberglass framing was employed, but the wood-toned Di-Noc shed the horizontal plank look. Side-window frames and the upper tailgate continued to copy the look of wood grain.

Ok thanks for the help. Looks like my dilemma is resolved!

• 2 weeks later...