Model Cars Magazine Forum

Yet another Phantom Craftman's Truck

PatW

Built Box Stock but decals old and crusty, although I did prise a few off of the backing, by firstly giving the decal sheet 2 coats of gloss clear. Then soaking in near boiling water and getting a craft blade between the decal and paper and sliding the decal away!

As the kit decals were in short order, I found others in my collection to add to the build.

67_zpshyzghwgz.jpg

66_zpsklffnbc2.jpg

63_zpsyvke809g.jpg

62_zpsqsf28rkg.jpg

61_zps6c8cdddv.jpg

57_zpsn7oy3tna.jpg

I found that the front sat up a bit, but after checking the instructions and mounting points it was put together right.

If I can find another Nascar Truck Kit I'll have to see how I can lower the front, so it looks as they do on the tele!

Thanks John for your comments. Yes the decals were a pain but I've learnt a bit more about decals. 

Got another Nascar in the post today from an ebayUK auction. It's an AMT ERTL 1/25 No.88 UPS Taurus, but it's whole chassis/interior is already built but not painted and they've stuck the hood and trunk on!

I've turned the body on it's roof and given it a careful dose of enamel thinners to hopefully disolve the glue. I'm also looking at lowering the front suspension (the only thing that wasn't on the chassis).

Thanks Bruce, the Potenza decals were the largest I have because the kit Goodyears were too damaged to get off the crusty decal sheet. And it's interesting to note that I have aftermarket tyre decals from 3 different sources and none include Goodyear, must a copyright thing!

Edited by PatW