Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got bit on ebay

Well I have never had a bum deal on ebay,,,until now. I have been looking for a Charger 500 body for awhile. I found a ebay add that had two in a junkyard batch of parts. They came today......they are Superbird bodies, Oh well should have checked them out a bit better . One is a 1/25th nd one is a 1/24. Maybe I can cut the back window out and transplant it to a Charger

Edited by Jon Haigwood

I'm looking for one myself. There's a vendor at the monthly local toy show that usually has a Dukes car or two (built) cheap. I'll keep you in mind next time I'm looking.

He had one last week, but I need the hood too and didn't like the hood with that one.

They were advertised as Charger 500 bodies. I have sent seller a message but he has not responded yet.

Keep on him!

If he refuses to reimburse you, get ebay themselves involved.

ebay has a "money back guarantee" for items either not received, or misrepresented.

You have 30 days to return the item so I would give the seller a week or so to make good.

If he hasn't by then, contact ebay & they will contact the seller & basically threaten him. ;)

If the seller still does not settle up, ebay will refund your money themselves.

I had to take advantage of this feature once a few years ago when I did not receive an item after a couple of weeks.

Eventually, ebay had to take over because the seller refused to respond.

Finally the seller came back with the lame excuse that he had not seen the "sold" notification & had sold the item off of ebay.

Such B.S!

What really happened was I got the item for his base asking price & he had a buddy who probably offered him $5.00 more!

I was so miffed!!

Anyway, either way, you should get your money refunded.

Steve

I'm looking for one myself. There's a vendor at the monthly local toy show that usually has a Dukes car or two (built) cheap. I'll keep you in mind next time I'm looking.

He had one last week, but I need the hood too and didn't like the hood with that one.

Does the DOH kit have the correct back window ? I have 3 recent release DOH but the back window is wrong

By the way Jon, I have a '69 Charger 500 kit that I may possibly be convinced to let go.

I'm not sure if it's 100% complete, but all of the important parts should be there.

It's unbuilt & unpainted & molded in yellow.

Steve

I will give the seller a chance to respond first but I think I have a delayed payment deal on my Paypal I could use if I have to. He has good feedback and so do I (100%) so I hate to mess it up if I dont have to. I will let you know on your kit as soon as I figure his out. Thanks

Does the DOH kit have the correct back window ? I have 3 recent release DOH but the back window is wrong

For a 500, you want a body from a pre-Round 2 kit.  The Round 2 kits have the regular Charger tunneled rear window area.  Older MPC and AMT/Ertl General Lees have the flush rear window that was on the body from the NASCAR Daytona kits that were issued prior to the MPC General Lee.

For a 500, you want a body from a pre-Round 2 kit.  The Round 2 kits have the regular Charger tunneled rear window area.  Older MPC and AMT/Ertl General Lees have the flush rear window that was on the body from the NASCAR Daytona kits that were issued prior to the MPC General Lee.

Yup. The one I saw last week definitely had the flush back window.

I believe the body was corrected with the F+F issue of the Charger kit

I have one of the F+F kit with Correct rear window

The Original Dukes kit not only had the Daytona/500 roof,

It also had the Nascar interior tub, and NO rear seat

Had a similar incedent on that Evil Auction site

Won a Box lot of 2 Started/Built kits With extras

62 Thunderbird Hardtop (Annual AND Before the Modern Tool was announced)

and 72 Road Runner (Again an original Annual)

Runner included Photo-Etch grill, etc

1 Month after winning & Paypaling, I had not received any info let alone the models.

I sent a message to the seller. Her reply was that Hubby (who handled the models) had JUST returned from Hospital and would

pack them that night for shipping to me

Another Month passed and Still NO models

I sent another message asking about them

This time I got NO Reply!!!!!

Two days later I filed the complaint

About 1 Month after Evilbay CLOSED the complaint WITHOUT Refunding Anything!!!!!

AND to top it off

The Closed their account Almost as fast!!

NOW you know why I will NEVER use 'Pay-The-Bay' again!!!!

If you can Not accept Postal Money Order, You Don't want My business

(of course I am NOT buying anything anymore due to finances, but.....)

Just wish I Had paid that way then

I WOULD have gotten the refund or the models, or even BOTH!!!!

They would have been Threatened with FEDERAL Arrest!!!!

This is what I won http://www.ebay.com/itm/302128397486

The seller contacted me and said "Sorry for the mix up. I am sending the Charger 500 Items today. Please send back the Superbirds and I will credit you for the postage."  

I will have to wait and see what he sends me .

Thanks for the info on the DOH

The box and meager description he has might say Charger 500. But BOTH bodies in that picture are Monogram Superbirds

I would have to ck and make sure its complete. if it is  I have an extra MPC charger 500 kit I'll cut loose of . I've got a couple of them . same basic kit as the old AMT Daytona kit ,,just molded in yellow

Thats BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH! I'd be getting a hold of Ebay ASAP.... within 24 hours of hearing NOTHING from the seller! He makes good on it, then you got l-u-c-k-y!

As for the Charger 500, the rear window is FLUSH, as well as the grille in front! -This was thee car the Daytona Chargers were based off of, to make them more Aerodynamic, they added that front nose cone to the Charger 500 body!

I HAVE that exact MPC version pictured box-art, I plan to mold the grille and have to be able to fit in the early MPC and Pre-Round 2 '69 Chargers, that don't have the "R/T" rear window.... -The real "General Lee" or what it is supposed to be, is an R/T. with the rear indented window. the Charger 500, was flush mounted as it created a back draft slowing the car for NASCAR 1/10th of a second! -Back in the day, Warner Bros. Contacted MPC to do the promotional General Lee's and all MPC had was the '69 Charger 500, AND the '69 Daytona Charger.... They didn't then have a true "R/T" to use and Warner Bros wanted that car on the shelves as fast as MPC could produce them, as they sold like hot cakes back then! (I've got an original dating from 1981!)

The seller contacted me and said "Sorry for the mix up. I am sending the Charger 500 Items today. Please send back the Superbirds and I will credit you for the postage."  

Sounds like you should have it dialed in.

Most of the sellers on ebay are very good decent people who have no interest in ripping anyone off.

At least that's been my experience in general

I'm confident that you will get what you ordered.

Steve

I've been lucky with Ebay transactions, but Ebay has been very good about getting problems resolved. Stay after him.

Yes, I agree, the pre Round 2 DOH Charger does have the flush rear window (I have a couple) but it does not contain the flush Charger 500 grill/bumper.

Does anyone out there do a resin cast? I know Modelhaus did but their now OOB.

Edited by magicmustang

Seems like he follow up on his error, Let's see what he sends you, but it does sound promising. Good luck!

I've been lucky with Ebay transactions, but Ebay has been very good about getting problems resolved. Stay after him.

Yes, I agree, the pre Round 2 DOH Charger does have the flush rear window (I have a couple) but it does not contain the flush Charger 500 grill/bumper.

Does anyone out there do a resin cast? I know Modelhaus did but their now OOB.

Do you need the 500 grille ?