Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Fairlane Cobra HT resin body.

Fast Floyd 2

Here's  a resin bodied 69 Fairlane Cobra Hard Top, that I built a few years ago. I built a complete back Half for it, added a Revell Parts Pack 427 engine, the tunnel ram is from a 69 Shelby GT 500, resin Wheel, from VCG Resins, the body is from Steve Kohler, and Dupli-color paint. Thanks for looking & enjoy :) 

Looks mean and awesome-was it a good resin casting?

Thanks Marty, Yes it was, Excellent, Until I stuck it in a kit box and laid the parts trees on top of it. I left it in the box for several months, and when I opened it back up. OMG it had wreck!!! the top was mashed down. Not broken, but almost all the way down. I soaked in in some Hot water and straightened it back up the best I could. This was before I wrecked LOL!! it's also on a different chassis.
HPIM1140_zpsl1n58kdl.jpg

Edited by Fast Floyd 2
Forgot to add some info

Looks mean and awesome-was it a good resin casting?

If that's the Motor City body, it's not a good resing casting, it's an EXCEPTIONAL resin casting. I got one three or four years ago. The price was good, the delivery was fast, and when I opened the box my jaw almost hit the floor. That body is so PERFECT that it literally looks like a vintage AMT white styrene body. I couldn't have possibly been more pleased with it in any way. Haven't built it yet but am looking forward to it and expect no problems.

If that's the Motor City body, it's not a good resing casting, it's an EXCEPTIONAL resin casting. I got one three or four years ago. The price was good, the delivery was fast, and when I opened the box my jaw almost hit the floor. That body is so PERFECT that it literally looks like a vintage AMT white styrene body. I couldn't have possibly been more pleased with it in any way. Haven't built it yet but am looking forward to it and expect no problems.

Snake I got this one about 12 years ago, from Steve Kohler, I think he owns,or works for, Star Resins now. And it is a Awesome Casting, mine just got all warped up, after I got it. it was all my fault, too!!