Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 pro mod chevelle, chassis started mock ups

mr68gts

• 1 month later...

Thanks Randy,

Not an update but this will be on hiatus for a while. The chassis got pretty busted up when I dropped something on it pulling it out of the trailer after GSL. There is a looong standing project that has needed a mill to complete to the level I wanted. Now that I have that I will pull off of this for a time. The other project is pretty far along actually so its feasable to be back on this by the end of the year.....maybe....lo

Paul

Paul... I think the Chevelle is trying to tell you something.... It wants to go Brass.... Once you go Brass you never go back...  Rolling%20On%20the%20Floor_zpszxzwuolv.g

Sorry to hear about the troubles with it in the trailer.

Just remember there is always......

Next%20Year%20Crown_zpsm0l7eanj.jpg

But no Stealing it from me just yet.... Rolling%20On%20the%20Floor_zpszxzwuolv.g

Edited by Mooneyzs

:P Thanks Chris, I think that's what is going to happen. I found a bunch of brass available in close to the dimensions required to go brass so yeah, it may not go back...lol I actually contemplated it when I started redoing the chassis this go around. I suppose 3rd time is the charm?

Nice crown lol. I'm not stealing it though. It may be a while however.

Maybe instead  of printing it we can make it a virtual crown? lol. This way it won't get lost going back and forth between us ha ha.

I got your message. I'll get with ya later today.

Paul

Paul, don't know what to say having had a bad experience like yours a year or so ago.  I feel for you.  Chris is right though, go brass young man.  I'll be sure to follow along when this gets resurrected. cheers, tim

• 2 months later...

This has not been forgotten. Everything went Chaotic with quickness. We decided to move down from the mountain into the valley. I required the computer to continue to develop the engine parts needed and finally got it up and running recently. With the chassis being in pieces and a list made up for a brass order this may start up again but with no model room as of yet (and no supplies currently either lol) it may take a bit. However the supercharger is getting closer to completed and ready for order. The biggest issue has been getting proper dimensions. I had some help from Dave with this and some more deep research and have gotten a reasonable facsimile of a 14-71 in proper scale. No luck from any of the supercharger manufactures but that's ok. Few things left to do to finish up the supercharger parts then I can order them up and see how they print.

Paul

481x supercharged 2.png

481x supercharged.png

just because you can doesn't mean you should but because I can therefor I am!

DPME billet style flywheel dual pattern! Hee hee...clutch parts in the near future? Ummmm, Maybe.....lol

And the rest of the supercharger parts. The supercharger parts are actually at the printer so I can check them out in 1/16 scale. (drawn up 1-1 and scaled down) The snout is actually 2 parts. The snout housing, and the shaft/flange that was drawn up a long time ago.

Yes, the rotors are in the case...Am I nuts?  Quite possibly lol. I am not having those printed yet. Yes they will be in the Chevelle. What's they point of all this work if I can't add it to my model eh?  I still need to model the gears for them and they most likely won't be available although I may add it to the flywheel/clutch files to have printed (kind of like an additional detail set if someone wanted to go that far or make a diorama in 1/16) Most people won't or don't need all that detail in their models except for Dave lol.

Paul

billet flywheel.png

supercharger snout assembled.png

Supercharger rear plate.png

Supercharger see through.png

paul, you and chris are knocking this 3-d stuff outta da park!!!!!  to say it's beautiful is an understatement. the accuracy brings a tear to my eye!!!!!!!!!

Thank you sir! Check your email btw Dave

Tim, I have considered it but we do not have a 5 axis at work so I'd have to find someone who has one and the required micro tooling. Would be col out of billet though!

Thanks everyone.

Paul

Found an injector hat I like so I have started drawing it up. Here's the butterfly plate. Hopefully I can have the rest of it done this week and then onto the oil and fuel pumps.

Can't wait till this engine is finally all completely printed up!

Paul

Hammer bohr injector.png

Needs a couple more guide lines in it to make it look better around the lower curve of the scoop to the when it transitions into the blower boss area. (note that the actual boss to mount to the supercharger isn't there yet, I'm just trying to get the basic shape first.)

Paul

Bohr 1.png

Bohr 2.png

Paul.......what your doing with this is just KILLER man.......this is truly a talent to be able to do this......this Pro Mod willbe the Bomb......hope you have it finished for GSL 2019 so that you and Chris can walk away with all the awards......you guys truly deserve it:)

• mr68gts changed the title to 69 pro mod chevelle, chassis started mock ups