Model Cars Magazine Forum

Only one finished in 2016....

peekay

I looked back & found that I only finished 3 this year! :blink:

Steve

...but those three were absolutely beautiful and among my favourites of the year. Don't hurry that 300H!

Perfection all around. 

Like you Americans like to say, this one was knocked out of the park. 

Tulio, thanks a lot - means a lot coming from you. (But I'm not American.)

Thanks so much for all your comments guys, very much appreciated. All the best for the coming year.

Thanks so much Gary and Bob.

A couple of mods I didn't mention in my original post:

The tailgate window and its chrome-plated frame were never going to do. I ditched the poorly molded glass entirely and spent a lot of time filing and sanding the frame until it fit nicely. I glued it in place (it would open and close if built as intended), foiled it and made new glass from clear acetate.

The red plastic tail-lights, although accurately detailed, just wouldn't sit properly in their chrome frames. But there were custom red lenses also included in the kit and I altered these to fit the frames. I then added a small strip of foil at the bottom of each lens to represent the backing lights.

I probably spent over half the build time on these mods and getting the interior and side glass to fit nicely.