Model Cars Magazine Forum

Winter Weather

madhorseman

That is as it should be. I've NEVER seen the point in working the week between Christmas and New Years...or a couple of days before and after.  

I think this needs to be a law.   ;)

I'm on layoff as of Monday, other than when my Aunt passed away in '98, this will be the first time I haven't had to work at all during this time of the year since I started working 25 years ago as a HS student..........not sure what to do with my self, to be honest!

That is as it should be. I've NEVER seen the point in working the week between Christmas and New Years...or a couple of days before and after.  

I've worked at a few companies in the past that took the week off between Christmas and New Years, separate from any PTO.   It was a nice perk.   I'm off today and Monday, and next Friday and the following Monday, all holidays for my client. 

It can snow three feet here after today! After 1 PM this afternoon, I'm off work and don't go back till January 3rd!! :D

Same here Bill!  I was told to check my email daily but that's it.  I am planning on doing my Christmas Model Car Amnesty. Still haven't figured out which unfinished project will get done!  

When I was working to feed my family, pay the mortgage, and pay the bills I needed to work the days between Christmas and New Years. Although I sometimes took the day after Christmas off to play with the kids new toys before they break them. LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

My part of the world is forecast to get 2-4 inches tonight, and at lunch, the stores were already packed with panic buyers stocking up on the ingredients for milk sandwiches.

Though the snowfall looks like it may possibly peter out before it gets here, at least most of the local drivers seem to have learned something from the last "snowpocalypse" and are all going home early, BEFORE the roads freeze solid later as the temperature plummets. 22 is tonight's forecast low, so it will get pretty slick if there's any precip whatsoever (it's sleeting now) and tomorrow night it's supposed to be 14. Brrrrr. 

S'OK by me. I shut down early and went home too.   ;)

Looks like it's going to be back in the 50s by Tuesday though.  B)

today

Snowed a wee bit overnight here in the burbs west of Philadelphia. I'm working from home today so I am not going anywhere!  A view of the back yard taken from my window.  The little red fox trotted across the yard this morning. 

No worries about supplies.  My wife recently joined Sam's Club (I told her I already was in too many clubs) and she bought the industrial size of everything. I'm stocked better than a mini mart!   I guess that's a mini mart with a really good hobby section.

My part of the world is forecast to get 2-4 inches tonight, and at lunch, the stores were already packed with panic buyers stocking up on the ingredients for milk sandwiches.

Do they put the raw eggs in the milk before spreading it??   :P

This whole week has been brutal. Not snow, but intense cold...like 25 to 30 below wind chills. It was about 3 or 4 below this morning when I had to make by first doctor's appt, then a second later in the afternoon. Stopped for gas, and my hands were so cold I thought they were frostbitten. The wind was blowing so hard it was freezing my eyes shut. Final stop was Walmart (thank God for my new handicapped parking placard!)... for a guy like me who is suffering from two very serious illnesses, all that activity wore me out. When I got home I could barely make it up the stairs.

Going to be a hobby bench weekend here in Charlotte. The weather people are calling for anywhere from a trace to 8 inches by tomorrow followed by cold weather so I plan on taking it easy and watching a lot of sports and recorded programs.

Saw on the local news today about the 1- 2 punch of  weather You were all under!!

So I can't complain to much while only having to deal with the COLD here, stay warm there mikemodeler!!

I don't wanna see anymore snow after what we had to deal with not quite a year ago! :angry:

45:475356225143
41:475356221283
37:475356217941

It snowed thirty inches here this past January 16th (Central PA), and frankly if it didn't snow like this for another 30-40 years, that would be fine by me!

There was a Challenger in that first pic?! Good grief! 

Saw on the local news today about the 1- 2 punch of  weather You were all under!!

So I can't complain to much while only having to deal with the COLD here, stay warm there mikemodeler!!

No complaints here, it will be in the 50's by Wednesday and the 60's the rest of the week. Minor inconvenience but after 41 years of winter weather in Northern Illinois, I have come to enjoy the milder winters in NC!

Just a wee bit of flooding in California's Eel river delta.

Pic from the CDF spotter plane. the river should be only on the right between the 2 brown berms. The rest of that pic should be the Victorian town of Ferndale.

61e591ba4ffb9cffdc44b7405cb41bb4_zpsah8e

And here is the Ferndale elementary school bus failing to ford Dillion road.

249d1f8cc8d1e9e1d7034595072fb4a9_zpseodl

Wet and muddy, with lots more to come.

Just a wee bit of flooding in California's Eel river delta.

Pic from the CDF spotter plane. the river should be only on the right between the 2 brown berms. The rest of that pic should be the Victorian town of Ferndale.

61e591ba4ffb9cffdc44b7405cb41bb4_zpsah8e

And here is the Ferndale elementary school bus failing to ford Dillion road.

249d1f8cc8d1e9e1d7034595072fb4a9_zpseodl

Wet and muddy, with lots more to come.

WOW!! From one extreme to the other......C'mon Mother Nature,..... make up your  d    mind!!