Model Cars Magazine Forum

Winter Weather

madhorseman

That is the nice thing about my new job, it's 3.5 miles from home and mostly slow, residential streets, was also told that if the snow slows us down enough in transit that we're a bit late, it's ok.  Although, living that close to work and having a Jeep, I probably still don't have much excuse:lol:

That is the nice thing about my new job, it's 3.5 miles from home and mostly slow, residential streets, was also told that if the snow slows us down enough in transit that we're a bit late, it's ok.  Although, living that close to work and having a Jeep, I probably still don't have much excuse:lol:

What does having a Jeep have anything to do with it, don't they plow the streets by you?

What does having a Jeep have anything to do with it, don't they plow the streets by you?

Not very well sometimes, there were times that when I'd be running between home and any of the stores I worked for in St. Charles (both HobbyTown locations and Toy's "R" Us) and the roads were barely touched when I would head in to work or leave to return at night and you could barely tell where the lanes were, let alone a painted center divider happened to be, which is not fun when you're driving down North Avenue past Dupage Airport at 9:00pm prior to the road being redone to it's current, much improved state.  4wd is needed,  but it makes things much easier.

Not here!

lived in our current house 21 yrs, the whole time, a plow has come down our street ONCE, about 20 yrs ago.

pay my taxes for what? we're classed as a minor secondary road (whatever that is..) snow is gone by the time they ever make it to around our neighborhood

They seem to plow the streets and roads by me usually within a couple hours of the snowfall, and have been doing it for years. And no, I don't live in a "high rent" district either.

Really feel for you guys , up in all that, it's going to be cooler here for the next couple of days ( mid to high 60s) then back to the low 80s for a couple , ten day forecast average is 73 , not bad for December . Haven't had any cold ( sub freezing ) yet , still have tomato plants growing and blooming . We don't usually get the colder stuff until January or February.  

It was the coldest day of the year so far, but no snow yet  in the western suburbs of Philadelphia.  All the roads have been brined so they all have those parallel lines on them right now.  It will probably snow over the weekend.

What was Your temperature reading, Tom?

This afternoon I heard Sunday night to Monday is supposed to be brutal.....-30 windchill!!!!