Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vintage AMT 1966 Mustang Convertible

Fast Floyd 2

?I got a little time at the Work Bench today, and I finished the wiring, & got the engine installed into the Vintage 1966 Mustang GT convertible. I have a ton of stuff to do, before I start priming it. I'm thinking the engine might sit a little to high, but I haven't tried the hood yet. But Core support & firewall are not installed either. I'll check that out, later.
HPIM4655_zpsbbbobzxr.jpg
HPIM4656_zpstmi9wwtu.jpg
HPIM4651_zpsrarlgnlw.jpg
HPIM4657_zps3huq8eq6.jpg

Edited by Fast Floyd 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!! I finally got back to the bench this evening. I shot some primer on the body, now I can start filling the low spots, and smoothing things up. I also had stripped the chrome off a set of the Styled steel wheels, cleaned up the beads area where they were sprued to the trees. I shot the black base for the Alclad chrome.  I also shot some color on the valances, not the best job, but it will work for now. Let me know what you think, please. Thanks for Looking & Enjoy
HPIM4672_zpsu9fdo9rp.jpg
HPIM4673_zpscwkqxwzc.jpg
HPIM4674_zpswoolf6zb.jpg
HPIM4675_zpsv6lmpghq.jpg
HPIM4671_zpswa11ubqd.jpg
HPIM4670_zps2gpcggbu.jpg
HPIM4667_zpsnah50pss.jpg
HPIM4666_zpslev5mdms.jpg

Edited by Fast Floyd 2

• 2 weeks later...

If I were doing it, I'd scribe in the body's missing "panel lines"--front fender separations, front and rear caps, and so on. But that's just me, and you asked for comments. B)

Great Idea!! I wish I would have seem this post before I painted it!!! LOL!! I lost internet access for a bit. but work continued on the Mustang.

Well I got the body in color now, I think it turned very nicely. I have only one spot of lint in the hood, Yeah !! :). I haven't buffed or added any clear , this is straight up Paint and thinner. I've detailed the wheels , & Mocked up the body to the chassis just to see what it looks like,. I don't have the correct Mustang GT Rocker stripe so I will use a stripe kit from a AMT 1967 Mercury Cyclone GT kit. and GT emblems from a AMT 1966 Fairlane GT GT/A kit. I'll BMF the Windshield frame after I put the glass in, to keep from breaking the frame and to get a better finished product. Let me know what you think. Thanks for Looking, & enjoy.
HPIM4702%202_zpsy9ivbqoh.jpg
HPIM4701%202_zpsdrjicf04.jpg
HPIM4700%202_zpsh0rxglpo.jpg
HPIM4699%202_zps0w6is70v.jpg
HPIM4698%202_zpsc0mlltlf.jpg
HPIM4697%202_zpszyzndepz.jpg
HPIM4696%202_zps7feuo2sm.jpg
HPIM4695%202_zpsltqotecn.jpg

• 1 year later...