Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Chevy/GMC Truck Rally Wheels

Hi All,
I have some new 1/25 Chevy/GMC Truck Rally Wheels coming out very soon.
14976509_1300833933306986_43343819446381

I've started casting them, and here is a set of the 4x4 wheels with my new 1/25 All-Terrain T/A:
15349787_1345259748864404_67083000245993

I will probably make these in 1/24 scale also, but after the new year.

Nice Joseph, 

Any plans on doing the BFG T/A's in larger sizes, 17" 18" rims etc? Working on a 1/24 scale of my 1:1 F150 and it's got 18" BFG's , would like to source something similar for the build. 

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice. Just a suggestion, you might consider offering the 6 lug version with 4 plain centercaps as an option. That particular wheel is very popular for use on '70 and older 2wd GM trucks as an inexpensive way to get a wider wheel without going aftermarket. Most vintage trucks fitted with those wheels use 4 of the closed rear caps. Also, for fitting them to the MPC '78/'79 Chevy truck kits which have the full time transfer case, which would not have the lockouts on the front.

Very nice. Just a suggestion, you might consider offering the 6 lug version with 4 plain centercaps as an option. That particular wheel is very popular for use on '70 and older 2wd GM trucks as an inexpensive way to get a wider wheel without going aftermarket. Most vintage trucks fitted with those wheels use 4 of the closed rear caps. Also, for fitting them to the MPC '78/'79 Chevy truck kits which have the full time transfer case, which would not have the lockouts on the front.

I would think you could just sand down the center of the hubs to get it close enough to the naked eye.

Joseph does offer these as non-4WD  without locking hubs. See the picture in his original post on the left 4x2 (2WD), no locking hubs.

Hello folks,

Sorry for the delay; business is booming and I have been working overtime to keep up with orders.

The Chevy really wheels are shipping, and they are available in four 1/25 sets:

FMR-098  15x8 Chevy/GMC Rally 5-lug (pair)
FMR-099  15x10 Chevy/GMC Rally 5-lug (pair)
FMR-100  15x8 Chevy/GMC Rally 6-Lug (four)
FMR-101  15x8 Chevy/GMC Rally 6-Lug & 31x10.5x15 BFG All-Terrain TA (four)

Send me an email-- fireballmodelworks at gmail.com to get the prices and ordering info.

The 6-Lug set can be ordered with all plain center caps if needed; just ask me about it when ordering.  The plain caps and lockout caps are cast on a separate blocks, so all I have to do is sub in another plain block.

I probably won't update the website until I have the Bronco stuff ready for sale.  That'll be soon.

Thank!
Joseph 

Hello folks,

Sorry for the delay; business is booming and I have been working overtime to keep up with orders.

So glad to hear! I will be adding to your overtime soon!

I probably won't update the website until I have the Bronco stuff ready for sale.  That'll be soon.

So you have got my attention, what do you have in store for the Bronco?  

Thank!
Joseph 

So you have got my attention, what do you have in store for the Bronco?  

Conversion set to make a Stroppe Baja, wheel flares, correct 15x5.5 & 15x8.5 steelies and covers, maybe even a correct (curved) grille.  These are all in process now, with some pieces already molded, and some still in the drafting phase.

I saw a beautiful Arcadian Blue Bronco on the road this morning, so I take that as a good omen.

Conversion set to make a Stroppe Baja, wheel flares, correct 15x5.5 & 15x8.5 steelies and covers, maybe even a correct (curved) grille.  These are all in process now, with some pieces already molded, and some still in the drafting phase.

I saw a beautiful Arcadian Blue Bronco on the road this morning, so I take that as a good omen.

Any chance you will be offering a half cab? The one on eBay always seems to sell out before I can get one! Some nice period correct 5 slot aluminum mags or 8 spoke wagon wheels would be nice too!

Joseph, I just got my first order from you, and I can assure you it will not be my last! The speed of delivery is astounding and the quality is second to none. I got two sets of the 17" Method wheels with Wrangler tires. They are exactly what I was looking for and as stated, the quality is simply amazing. There is not a flaw, not a bit of size variation, nothing. Perfection! Thank you for these products and keep the good work coming! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!

Any chance you will be offering a half cab? The one on eBay always seems to sell out before I can get one! Some nice period correct 5 slot aluminum mags or 8 spoke wagon wheels would be nice too!

I have the 5-Slots already done since they go with the Stroppe Baja.  I won't do a half-cab because that piece that's on eBay is nice and I think they'll keep making them as long as people want them.  I am considering a roadster conversion, though.

• 2 weeks later...

1970 and earlier 2wd Chevrolet and GMC trucks were 6x5.5 bolt pattern as well. As mentioned in my first post, using the 4x4 Rally wheel with 4 closed center caps is a very common swap on the older trucks.

An example, this is my 1:1 '55 Chevrolet 2wd truck with 4x4 Rallys on it. I do admit, the centers are not the OEM 4x4 center, but rather are from a '99-'06, but it is basically what is common to see on pre '70 GM trucks.

Edited by Longbox55