Model Cars Magazine Forum

1978 Dodge Adventurer Crew Cab

Hi all a little update its a bit hard to see but all the glass has been replaced with clear sheet plastic. I realised my mistake with the front glass rubber was not chrome ! The engine has been wired with a MAD product and I was very impressed with it even though I broke the resin post. The tow hitch was made from a dress pin and a piece of tube. I still need to do some more detail painting on the interior and engine bay . I also still need to find a correct steering wheel or one thats close. 

I have to do a bit more research as to weather the drive shaft would be a single shaft or of it would have a doughnut halfway down it?

Of anyone has the answer to that please let me know as I am not finding any info on the net

Thanks for looking 

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0622.JPG

IMG_0623.JPG

13 hours ago, 72 Charger said:

I have to do a bit more research as to weather the drive shaft would be a single shaft or of it would have a doughnut halfway down it?

Not 100% sure how Dodge did it, but I would have to assume that there is a drive shaft bearing in there somewhere because a single shaft that long would be a nightmare to balance. Would also have a lot of rotating mass to keep under control during high speeds. 

Chevy split theirs on extra long trucks probably for that same reason. 

Interior is done apart from the huge gaping hole at the rear of the front seat which I missed. I guess I will have to go back and do something with it. But as the interior is glued in my options are limited to flocking the floor maybe? Chrome bits are Molotow pen. I dont enjoy doing the interiors on models so this is quite good for me to actually get one mostly done. I would of liked to find the proper steering wheel for it but it will do. The roof has sun visors and a rear view mirror from a 59 Cadillac added.

Feel free to comment good or bad 

IMG_0625.JPG

Edited by 72 Charger