Model Cars Magazine Forum

Marvin Panch '64 Galaxie.

LUKE'57

HOORAY! for STOCK cars. I love that Crown Vic! And people just don't understand me when I say I don't have much of any interest in NASCAR racing these days. The 64 is great. Both are very well done and well photographed too. If I were an Exec at Ford, Chrysler, Toyota or GM, My company would NOT be involved in current NASCAR racing.

Richard

Nice work on the Galaxies and I agree the crown vic should be there!!!! Have you ever built one of Wendell Scott's rides?

Never got to meet Wendell but did get to know his wife Martha and his daughter Sybil. Two finer people you could not find. You know I'd have to have at least a couple of his rides parked around the shop.

R38.jpg

R53.jpg

Never got to meet Wendell but did get to know his wife Martha and his daughter Sybil. Two finer people you could not find. You know I'd have to have at least a couple of his rides parked around the shop.

R38.jpg

R53.jpg

Way cool, I always admired him ever since I watched Greased Lightning and did some research on him

he overcame a lot of controversy during his career especially from the France family and lets face it of the times. Most of drivers that ran against him regarded him as one of the toughest competitors they ever ran against.

Thanks for the nice comments guys. And if Nascar was still the National Association for STOCK Car Auto Racing this Crown Vic would be the grandson of that big ol' Galaxie, all decked out in warpaint and ready for Daytona.

crownvic.jpg

Oh trust me, I agree with you there! ;) I love the Crown Vic! :lol:

I love the 65 Galaxie, I love your Stock car models. ;)

HOORAY! for STOCK cars. I love that Crown Vic! And people just don't understand me when I say I don't have much of any interest in NASCAR racing these days. The 64 is great. Both are very well done and well photographed too. If I were an Exec at Ford, Chrysler, Toyota or GM, My company would NOT be involved in current NASCAR racing.

Richard

yuppers! :lol: I'm with you there

Thanks Nick. You'd better watch out making comments like that though. It could lead to more of those ol' redneck race cars being posted here. :lol:

Hey, I don't know if you know but I am a huge sports car fan, Trans Am, LeMans, MotoGp, rally, you know but I LOVE those old redneck rides, as I guess I am one considering I like these, so bring em on!!! :lol: I like them, these were REAL cars mate! :lol: I might be young but I'd rather have an older car, hang out around older cars and I have more fun with the older folk!

Edited by Nick F40

I was fortunate to meet Wendell and sons/crew at the first race at Talledega in 1969, had dinner with him in the meal tent the evening before the 500.

Very personable, rather quiet & softspoken, very nice man, good racer, running a Mercury Montego (4-door!) hardtop that race IIRC

He offered me a job as a jack man,

course, it didn't Pay anything,

and, they were using a bumper jack,

and, I would've lost my gig as a snowcone shoveller,

and, would've had to find my own way back to college,

but TO THIS DAY I wish I'd taken the job!

For really good info on Marvin Panch, with pics of cars etc., go to his site, marvinpanch.com and order his Biography. three volumes, soft cover, self-published, very well done if slightly overpriced. Get it autographed!

I've talked to him on the phone a coupla times, very sharp and funny guy!

For really good info on Marvin Panch, with pics of cars etc., go to his site, marvinpanch.com and order his Biography. three volumes, soft cover, self-published, very well done if slightly overpriced. Get it autographed!

I've talked to him on the phone a coupla times, very sharp and funny guy!

Me and my son got to hang out with him for a couple of hours across from LMS last year at a book signing and radio show at the camper sales place. We got there early and had a very good visit as we were the only ones there. Talked at great length with him and his charming daughter Marvette. He autographed my build of his '64 and both sets of his book. Had to buy one for me and one for my son, after all it's a long walk from the speedway back home and I was riding in his truck. LOL Gave Marvin a photo CD of all my pics and put another gold edged memory in the memory vault.