Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aussie Kenworth K200

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 12:46 PM, vincen47 said:

Too bad these aren't available in the US, anyone know of any North American exports of the 1:1 K200?

I've actually seen a couple new Argosy models going down the road, but I guess that is our only, and rare, cabover in the US.

A buddy of mine has two Argosy's in his fleet. Nice rigs!!!

Hi everybody, I am sure A&N Truck Models in Latvia already make a really detailed full resin kit of the K200 in 1/24th, I don't think they are very expensive either, around 120 euros, there are also photos of finished models on there gallery site, hope this is helpful.

5 hours ago, CRUSADER2 said:

I don't think they are very expensive either, around 120 euros

That's $191 Australian + the other parts needed + another kit for the rest of the needed parts + postage, that's expensive. 

Edited by Yahshu

The K200 Aerodyne is 109.99 Euro on their website.
You might also like to have a bull bar and stone guard for 9.99 Euro, rear fenders for 11.99 Euro, A&N has a KW Air Glide 400 kit now wich will be right for this truck and it's 24.95 Euro, a Cummins X15 for 17.31 Euro, you might also need some rims 1.23 X 10 = 12.30 euro, tires 2.15 X 8 for rear = 17.20 Euro, and 2.23 X 2 for front = 4.46 Euro, front hubs with caps 1.99 Euro.
Let's see, 109.99 + 9.99 + 11.99 + 24.95 + 17.31 + 12.30 + 17.20 + 4.46 + 1,99 = 210.18 Euro (around $238.30 US, $335.52 AUS) just for cab kit and parts, on that the shipping...and you still need a donor kit for the chassis and some other parts....ohh boy, it adds up. :o
But after what I have seen it looks to be a very nice model.
A&N also has a K200 flat top now for 104.99 Euro

Edited by Force

1 minute ago, jacobus said:

its a nice product from him , have also this one

406762c1242ec11c3837670359ae1898.jpg

and this

0eeee8f0c246132fc38be010d510fe50.jpg

and the kenworth K200 i have make a start with it , first the chassis , but i do him between the others so slow

jacobus

Very kool, Nice trucks!!!!

Pavel does nice truck kits of interesting subjects
But unfortunately he does them in batches (I don't know how many in each batch) as I understand it, wich sells out fast, and when they are sold out he will not make any more so when they are gone, they are gone.
And he doesn't sell individual parts...I asked him a while ago as I need a Page & Page 60/40 rear suspension for a project wich he did for his Kenworth Bullnose kit and I think in the Peterbilt 351 kit in the picture above also have that suspension...I'm not sure tho'.

Edited by Force

I am bringing a bad news, I´m afraid. Pavel Behensky aka Stratomodels has announced his withdrawal from the big rig transkit "business" on his FB site. He says that it brings too many problems, it´s time and money consuming and he is tired of it all. Some projects won´t be finished, including the GMC Crackerbox and local Tatra 815.

With Pavel you never know, but for the time being he concentrates on Czechoslovakian aircraft models.

2 hours ago, truckabilly said:

I am bringing a bad news, I´m afraid. Pavel Behensky aka Stratomodels has announced his withdrawal from the big rig transkit "business" on his FB site. He says that it brings too many problems, it´s time and money consuming and he is tired of it all. Some projects won´t be finished, including the GMC Crackerbox and local Tatra 815.

With Pavel you never know, but for the time being he concentrates on Czechoslovakian aircraft models.

That sucks!!! Hopefully he'll come back to it!!