Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck-A-Thon Jr. 2017

Jordan White

Since it seems like there's some interest, I shall layout this community build.

The basics are any pickup truck or chassis-cab commercial vehicle 1-ton or smaller.

Kits may be new, a rebuild, or a combo. Must however be less than 20% complete at the start.

Try to post at least one update by the end of each month, though I won't kick you out if you don't.

Build will run from January 1st to November 30th.

I will post names and what each is building here.

Jordan White - 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 V10
o-man - Ford Ranger Splash
Intmd8r - '37 Chevy
Belugawrx - Hummer Pickup
CPT Tuttle - 
Pim - 
Jersey Red - 
tbill - 1950 Ford Pickup
Aaronw - 
KeithnAthens - Datsun Pickup 4x4
mchook - 
log trucker - 1970 Ford F100
robertburns - Chevy Corvair Rampside
Jim B - 1941 Chevrolet AK pickup
Jhedir6 - Ford F350 Dually
Zarana-X - Datsun Monster Truck
JunkyardJeff - 70 F100
Canos65 - '78 Ford 4x4

Edited by Jordan White

Can I jump in with a recently started one?

I have a Datsun 720, and I have lengthened the body and frame from a regular cab to a king cab, not finished with the putty work though, just glued them together and done a little putty and sanding, also the frame has a coat of paint. Nothing more is done.

Sure, as long as they're less than 20% complete you'll be fine!

What are your thoughts on starting with "Glue Bombs" and/or missing parts?

I've got a dismantled '50 Chevy that’s missing the drive train and interior that I need to sort out what to do with. lol.

What are your thoughts on starting with "Glue Bombs" and/or missing parts?

I've got a dismantled '50 Chevy that’s missing the drive train and interior that I need to sort out what to do with. lol.

No problems there!

:unsure:Embarrassingly I'll enquire just what exactly constitutes a community build?

Basically its a group of people who are building kits "together" under a common theme. Most of the time there's a specified time frame to complete them, though some choose to have an unlimited time frame.

Haha I know that thread for 2 reasons, I found it while searching for similar threads, and I also was a part of it (though I stopped my build and used the kits in other ways). I do plan on starting a fresh build though, mainly for consistency. 

Edit: For those who have already replied, please post again with what you will be starting with so I can post them in the first post.

Edited by Jordan White

Long time lurker/reader. I'm going to try to use a couple of community builds to push myself into getting some more modeling done in this year instead of just crashing in front of the tv when I get home from work. I've got a "still in the shrinkwrap" Revell 1/24 4x4 datsun pickup latest reissue I want to tackle.

Long time lurker/reader. I'm going to try to use a couple of community builds to push myself into getting some more modeling done in this year instead of just crashing in front of the tv when I get home from work. I've got a "still in the shrinkwrap" Revell 1/24 4x4 datsun pickup latest reissue I want to tackle.

Do it!!!

Having a goal might get you modeling a couple nights a week even if it's just a few minutes each night. I actually have a TV next to my bench so I can work and not miss big games (like tonight's Giants game). Plus I have to have noise, either music or TV. Maybe you can set it up to have the best of both worlds.?

Oh, welcome to the forum!