Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Mail Truck show rod

BIGTRUCK

I bought this last year , got it all apart and paint removed. Some parts have glue smudges and I broke one spindle but all fixable. I was also fortunate to score a Billy Gooche decal set for it also last year. Was this kit ever released as any other show rod or re released as Mail Truck?

DSC07918

It needs some more clean up but easy work.

DSC07917

3ad5b9d1d2c162d6963afd3e5a8be9ad.jpg

[picture copied  from web]

Hi Ken......I bought a kit off EBAY a long time ago  and built it 2010........here are a few pics of mine.......I have another one that I would like to build in the future.......I liked all Barrris stuff......I have quite a few Barris kits to build

DSCF1603_zpsga6wvgmf.jpg

DSCF1599_zpsly4bpicn.jpg

DSCF1593_zpscjht7y32.jpg

DSCF1579_zps3khpk0dt.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hi Ken......I bought a kit off EBAY a long time ago  and built it 2010........here are a few pics of mine.......I have another one that I would like to build in the future.......I liked all Barrris stuff......I have quite a few Barris kits to build

DSCF1603_zpsga6wvgmf.jpg

I really like the tire wheel combo you used on yours ,the MPC kit wheels are ok but I dont like the kits tires The angora style carpet looks wild .Your entire build looks great..

• 2 weeks later...

The engine block being chrome was pretty ugly with glue marks and didnt look any better with the chrome removed. I thought about what Chuck Most said about the '29 Ford Woody / pickup DSC07927

[ Thanks Chuck for the heads  up on the '29 ]  and not only were the fenders and all suspension parts the same but lo and behold it had the same engine in bright shiny new chrome,

DSC07933

Edited by BIGTRUCK

• 2 weeks later...

This build is still chuggin' along, but along way from done. The front sat high , so even though I had all new front suspension parts I opted for a '40 Ford front axle to bring it down some. Next I have to mask the body and rear doors and add the metallic blue , then go back remask the body and add the red metallic to the roof. I rattle can the white and metallic red but using the airbrush on the blue areas

DSC07935DSC07939DSC07938