• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

1/25 Revell Ford FD-100 Pickup

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Looks like the final box art for the forthcoming 1/25 Revell Foose Ford FD-100 Pickup kit has been released:

Posted

It is happening!:D

Posted

I'll be looking forward to seeing what's in the box. Right now I figure I'll pony up for at least three...one to chop radically and two for parts.

Got to get 'em before these molds disappear too...    ;)

Posted

put me down for a couple!!!

Posted

Tower Hobbies has photos of the Revell prototype build on their kit listing page. Front and rear 3/4 views. It looks great! 

Late May release date...

Posted

I'm hoping this one won't suffer from the now-traditional Revell body proportion eccentricities we've come to know and love. On the other hand, the '62-vintage '56 kit was always a bit misshappen, too. Meh- I'm probably going to end up with a caseload of 'em either way. 

Posted

Okay.  Here is the test shot we saw at our GTR November 2016 meeting.  Sorry a couple are blurry.  This one CANNOT BE  BUILT STOCK.

30818604545_6e9734e80d_b.jpg

30818604145_1baca7258f_b.jpg

30183592543_697fdf84cc_b.jpg

30183592253_0b0d29c19c_b.jpg

30183592723_96d07d2473_b.jpg

Posted

The "proportional problems" are in the Foose design...this is a radically modified F100 and anyone unfamiliar with the Foose truck but knows what a 56 F100 should  look like may well be very disappointed.  I wish they'd choosen a stock bodied F100 instead....

Posted

what a 56 F100 should  look like

Aww c'mon, can't you see that it is beautiful ?? ;)

I'm planning to buy a few. Not because Foose has his name on it or anything, but because I like the way it looks.

Posted

I think it looks cool and Foose did a great job on it. What I'm also seeing is a test shot of the 66 Suburban in the background :)

Posted

Not a big Foose fan but I thought he did a great job on this one.

Posted

love it may get 3 of them

Posted (edited)

Weather it is our cup of tea makes no difference, it is new tea after all.  What engine is under the hood? To blurry for me to see. 

I will be picking up a couple, not making the 30 coupe mistake again. 

Edited by 1930fordpickup

Posted

Looking forward to this. Really looks good. 

Posted

So this is still due out in May? It`s been a while since I`ve been this excited about a new release, and I`m not even a pickup guy!

Posted

I'll get a couple most likely. I have the old Revell kit that I combined with the AMT kit years ago to get a stock '56 so I don't need a stock one. I like Foose's work and I'm glad to see any tie-ins that might bring new builders to the hobby and new kits to market! I would love to see a line of Overhaulin' kits based on the T.V. series that would result in new tools.

Posted

Hobby Lobby has a slot marked for it, so it won't be long now!!!    :D

Posted (edited)

What engine is under the hood? To blurry for me to see. 

Should be a Roush 427R "Sideoiler" which, IIRC, is based on a Windsor block not an FE like the original Sideoiler. 

foosetruck-15rc_.jpg

The "proportional problems" are in the Foose design...this is a radically modified F100 and anyone unfamiliar with the Foose truck but knows what a 56 F100 should  look like may well be very disappointed.  I wish they'd choosen a stock bodied F100 instead....

Revell had a contest for modelers to choose the next Foose kit and this won the contest.  

Some higher-res pics from Revell:   Somebody please do a F  O  R  D tailgate, please! 

lrmxs4426.jpg

lrmxs4426alt01.jpg

Edited by Brett Barrow

Posted

Brett, Thank You for the info on the engine and the Pictures. I like this look. 

I hope the old version tailgate fits. 

Posted

... wish they'd choosen a stock bodied F100 instead....

Glad they didn't ... this one looks great!

mike

Posted

I like it! Sure looks miles better than the old chewed bubble gun cab from the old kit! 

Posted

Should be a Roush 427R "Sideoiler" which, IIRC, is based on a Windsor block not an FE like the original Sideoiler. 

foosetruck-15rc_.jpg

Roush may be building some Windsor engines, but that one is definitely an FE   B)

mike

Posted

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R2D2%20Falling%20Down_zpsjsaumxvc.gif

Posted (edited)

Roush may be building some Windsor engines, but that one is definitely an FE   B)

mike

Yep, based on the same engine that Shelby used in the 427 Cobra.

Edited by horsepower

Posted

I wonder if you use the cab from this kit & bash it with an older kit & build a stock 56?