Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell Ford FD-100 Pickup

Casey

• 1 month later...

The "proportional problems" are in the Foose design...this is a radically modified F100 and anyone unfamiliar with the Foose truck but knows what a 56 F100 should  look like may well be very disappointed.  I wish they'd choosen a stock bodied F100 instead....

• 2 weeks later...

I'll get a couple most likely. I have the old Revell kit that I combined with the AMT kit years ago to get a stock '56 so I don't need a stock one. I like Foose's work and I'm glad to see any tie-ins that might bring new builders to the hobby and new kits to market! I would love to see a line of Overhaulin' kits based on the T.V. series that would result in new tools.

• 4 weeks later...

What engine is under the hood? To blurry for me to see. 

Should be a Roush 427R "Sideoiler" which, IIRC, is based on a Windsor block not an FE like the original Sideoiler. 

foosetruck-15rc_.jpg

The "proportional problems" are in the Foose design...this is a radically modified F100 and anyone unfamiliar with the Foose truck but knows what a 56 F100 should  look like may well be very disappointed.  I wish they'd choosen a stock bodied F100 instead....

Revell had a contest for modelers to choose the next Foose kit and this won the contest.  

Some higher-res pics from Revell:   Somebody please do a F  O  R  D tailgate, please! 

lrmxs4426.jpg

lrmxs4426alt01.jpg

Edited by Brett Barrow

Should be a Roush 427R "Sideoiler" which, IIRC, is based on a Windsor block not an FE like the original Sideoiler. 

foosetruck-15rc_.jpg

Roush may be building some Windsor engines, but that one is definitely an FE   B)

mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...