Model Cars Magazine Forum

1929 Model A Roadster ArtDeco/Coachbuilt/Streamliner -DONE!

Impalow

Eric, I have been following this build from the beginning and I am almost at a loss for words...  To say that this is a beautiful car would be an understatement.  Your hard work and scratchbuilding skills have certainly paid off.  Will you be bringing this model to the NNL East show next month..???  If so, I look forward to seeing it in person.  For sure it will get picked for magazine pictures.

I posted elsewhere Eric, that this is an amazing Masterpiece created by a Mastercraftsman. It's truly the best work of art I've seen from this hobby, I would love to see it in person one day at a show.

BTW, I just received a set of the headlights you designed and made available, those are a work of art by themselves. 

thanks guys!    Glad everyone is digging it... I'm excited to see the reaction in Columbus and Detroit the following weekend.

Eric, I have been following this build from the beginning and I am almost at a loss for words...  To say that this is a beautiful car would be an understatement.  Your hard work and scratchbuilding skills have certainly paid off.  Will you be bringing this model to the NNL East show next month..???  If so, I look forward to seeing it in person.  For sure it will get picked for magazine pictures.

I wasnt planing on going to jeresy this year... however, as it gets closer im starting to get the itch to go... im going to talk to Andy and my Dad about it this weekend, there is a chance I will make a last minute trip over.  If that doesn't happen I will be at the Pittsburgh show... I love that show.

I posted elsewhere Eric, that this is an amazing Masterpiece created by a Mastercraftsman. It's truly the best work of art I've seen from this hobby, I would love to see it in person one day at a show.

BTW, I just received a set of the headlights you designed and made available, those are a work of art by themselves. 

Thank you Jim!     Glad you like the headlights, I think i have sold about 8 sets so far... its nice to be able to share those with the world.    FYI..For the lenses on these. I just hand cut some .015 clear lay film from hobby lobby... I made 2 lenses for each light, the first one I used BMF on the back side, and the second i scribed vertical lines into.. I put the first one bmf side down, then i added a few drops of future and dropped the scribed lens in.... it worked pretty nice really.  

Edited by Impalow

Don't know what else to say since all the superlatives have been so well-used by others, but this model is beautiful and inspiring.  I love that it's so creative and well-designed, while being faithful to the "Streamline Modern" aesthetic and unmistakably a Model A roadster.  Just brilliant!

Thank you all for the positive comments...  i really enjoyed this build and im glad you guys all did as well..

Can we get a straight shot at the front of the car?

Sure.. it was late last night when i wrapped up and my photos weren't all that great... but here a couple..  I'm definitely going to take much better ones later.

213E64E5-C16D-43A8-9A75-DDE26D6471F8.jpg

8BBDC913-1F0A-4BDD-B803-A62AC38DAED0.jpg

Edited by Impalow