Model Cars Magazine Forum

1929 Model A Roadster ArtDeco/Coachbuilt/Streamliner -DONE!

Impalow

Thank you guys!!!!  

Its done!    Which is incredibly rewarding and also sort of a bummer because I really enjoyed working on this one... But I'll move on to the next one, and try to top this.. :unsure:

Here are some teaser photos... Ill post some better ones "under glass" after the show this weekend.

DC561EC5-FDEE-4AEA-A429-5C906764BAAA.jpg

36DDE4B0-5DA3-4987-9A78-CB7BE058C9F9.jpg

27B6B4F7-792B-4C9C-8584-0A33ABF6B469.jpg

DF4C8C7D-7DC6-4751-AC2E-3FA2BBD75C37.jpg

0A4E371F-5FC2-4202-A0DE-ABD64BFA0C76.jpg

82FCD34A-A63A-4D59-8FAB-1027C41F556B.jpg

Eric,

Incredible!  From the forethought to the execution and final result... this is truly an inspirational build!  Your use of state of the art technology to create one-off parts reflects your mastery of our hobby! Thank you and know that your Art Deco Roadster is greatly appreciated!  -KK

Thank you all for the kind words!!!    This model has been an absolute blast to make...  and the recognition its received is overwhelming.   

The model did bring home the Ohio Challenge trophy in Columbus at the Buckeye Classic.  Next years Ohio Challenge build is the Moebius Comet Cyclone.. and should be a fun one. (although I am clueless as to how i'm gonna build one... its not the prettiest car... :wacko:)

If you haven't been to this show it is a really fun one...  here are some photos from the show.   (not mine... but the clubs)  http://public.fotki.com/Donald-Splitstone/model-shows/2017/7th-annual-buckeye-/

Also as a side note..... if you guys know any cigar smokers.... see if they can get you some boxes.. I am lucky enough to have one of my bosses who smokes cigars regularly and hes been able to snag me some great transport boxes.... this just looked to cool to not show.

I added a layer of foam with tire cutouts that supports the entire chassis, taking the weight off the fragile front axle.