Model Cars Magazine Forum

Started this kit a week ago after a long time off from building. It started life as the revell gmc plow truck but, thats far from what it will end up as. I added the molding/ trim to the sides and tailgate sections, also added a drip rail, body dropped the bed floor so it can lay as low as possible. Should be a fun replica to build just need to find a set of wheels from a 72 Chevy truck kit like the stock hubcaps... 

IMG_4776.JPG

IMG_4775.JPG

IMG_4771.JPG

IMG_4773.JPG

IMG_4774.JPG

Josh, If you're going for the look of the 1/1 in your pics, I'd suggest getting a set of wheels from a 1/18 scale diecast and using a set of Pegasus tires maybe.

The 1/18 wheels would scale out to somewhere around 22 inches in 1/24 scale. The tires from the large Pegasus wheel sets might be a good fit but I'm not sure.

Josh, If you're going for the look of the 1/1 in your pics, I'd suggest getting a set of wheels from a 1/18 scale diecast and using a set of Pegasus tires maybe.

The 1/18 wheels would scale out to somewhere around 22 inches in 1/24 scale. The tires from the large Pegasus wheel sets might be a good fit but I'm not sure.

I have a set of Pegasus aluminum blanks? You can put your own center in them. The plan is too put the stock wheel in the center for a 1:1 scale look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...