Model Cars Magazine Forum

Half round end dump help!

I have used half of an AMT tanker kit, and also 3" thin wall PVC pipe. I will try to dig them out and take some pics. They are very old builds that need rebuilding, but still could be a refernce point.

That is an awesome idea !!!! The AMT Tanker, that is......Why haven't I ever thought of that ??? PVC pipe would be awesome, too.....But not having to cut anything by using the old tanker will make the project MUCH easier and faster.....Thanks for that, Terry....

Ok, both of these were built many moons ago, but you can an idea of how to go about it. The first one is PVC pipe, with the fenders made from thin alum flashing cut and bent into shape. The axles and susp was from some AMT trailer. The arms are made from brass tube. 

This one was made from the bottom half of a tanker, and the frame of the MPC/AMT dump trailer kit. Its way too long and unrealistic, but wasnt bad at the time. I built this about 25 years ago and was probably one of my first kitbash/scratchbuild projects.

Gary Wallace (GWTrucks@yahoo.com ,no website, email only) used to offer this incredible 1/24 dump trailer kit. Not sure if he still does? Comes preassembled, exactly as shown, minus the wheels and tires. 

http://public.fotki.com/lotso/gary-wallace-124-ro/

I emailed him about some parts and he sent me his catalog and it shows that he does still make it.

Edited by Dieselhead