Model Cars Magazine Forum

revamp of my old gasstation diorama

crazyrichard

started a revamp of my old gasstation , more in one style went fantasy on the colors nd style not researching texaco stations .

made all the signs and used the texaco logo to make my own versions , all weathered , a bit more then i planned but painting everything when its together requiars a bit of weathering ..

crappy pics i jut shot tonight .. i will make some better pics outside tomorrow .

on top of the pole i will make a round texaco sign , behind the window a dissplay with oil cans .. ome small signs that can be put outide and folded again

Richard, is the "tub" with a grating in your rusty corner a sandblasting platform? The spent sand would fall through thegrating into the container.

i dont know i just had the tub and some grating and merged those .. not really had an idea what it was ...

I don't know what else can be said. It's a beautiful job. Not to nitpick, or maybe I'm missing it, but the only thing I don't see is a sign with gas ⛽️ prices on it. 

thnx and well i want to add that ... but for that i need to determan a exact era / time the station is in and what the prices where back then .. i looked for gas price signs to try and see what the correct gas price should be ... still didnt really fopund out what the best price would be ..

Today i tackled the ground surace edges , put grass over and on the edge and made the concrete slabs run trhough on the edge ...

Then made all the lines between the smabs black and put a grey wash over them , really makes it pop ..

Also added the hose over the ground , when a car drives over a bell rings inside (irl) .

Changed the tyre sign to a kelly tyres sign and added a small sign above the window ..

Now i need to figure out what time perioud this station is in and find out what the gas prices where in order to ad the price sign(s)