Model Cars Magazine Forum

I got this kit Thursday- and wrapped it up today. I have to say for a kit with so many delicate, fiddly parts, the actual assembly process is downright pleasant. Haven't had this much fun on a (mostly) box stock build in quite a while. 

I did take a few liberties. I wired the igniton- kudos to Heller for having enough "meat" on the distributor leads to drill into them for wires! I also used the padded seat for the optional FF-30 building version just because I could, and I left off some of the three-point components, because at this point I'm still not sure what I want to put on the back of it yet.

Of course, I weathered mine, but that shouldn't be a shocker, right? :P

15726813_1859932920957431_41430581179345

15726989_1859932934290763_80702780553090

15622534_1859932984290758_56776190183231

15697818_1859932930957430_44708050055278

Good looking tractor, Chuck. I just picked up a pair of them. I haven't  started them yet. From what I can see they should build into excellent models. It needs some attachment. I'm thinking a two furrow plough or a siccle bar mower. as possible  three point scratch builds.

Carl

Thanks guys!

I'd like to point out a coupe of things. The instructions have you install the dash, then the steering column. I found it easier to install the column, then dash, then fit the two together (don't use a fast-acting adhesive for this!). Also, there's a tab on top of the grille insert which I removed, so that it would fit into the assembled hood crown/sides more easily. 

I managed not to break any of the brake actuation rods or pedals, even though they're THIN and held to the sprue by some considerably thick runners. I glued the steering solid for strength.  I think on the next one I'll deviate from the assembly sequence by installing the completed front axle at once, rather than adding the beam at one point and the spindles later, as shown in the instructions. 

• 4 weeks later...