Model Cars Magazine Forum

Papa Truck Kenworth

leafsprings

I am interested in this re issue as a doner for the drivetrain, the long frame and wheels. Does anyone have a photo of the frame and wheels in this kit?  A measurement of the frame rails would be nice also. Are the wheels ( both front and rear axles ) the  uncommon 5 hole steel discs that are shown on the box cover? Thanks for any help.

I am interested in this re issue as a doner for the drivetrain, the long frame and wheels. Does anyone have a photo of the frame and wheels in this kit?  A measurement of the frame rails would be nice also. Are the wheels ( both front and rear axles ) the  uncommon 5 hole steel discs that are shown on the box cover? Thanks for any help.

I haven't taken any photos yet, but the wheels are regular 10 Alcoa style (not split rims), the frame measures 13" from square end to square end with the front spring hangers extending just slightly beyond the front of the square end of the frame.

Most likely, the Papa Truck is due for release in early January.
The wheels in the kit are for the Papa Truck incorrect 10 hole tubeless Alcoa's, the real truck had Truck Mate 5-hole chromed split wheels and later 2-hole chromed tubeless Budds.
The rear suspension is also incorrect for the Papa Truck, the kit has the 8-bag KW Air Glide100 and the real truck had KW Torsion Bar suspension.

Thanks for all the replies. I guess we are lucky to  get these re issues, but it would be nice if we got  improvements in authenticity as well. Reminds me of the original issue IMC Dodge L 700 kit, clearly showed  6 lug disc wheels on the box art, came with cast spokes.

The kit comes with ten hole aluminum style wheels. I mastered the correct, Truck Mate five hole wheels that Tyrone actually ran on his trucks, as seen on the box. (he ran others as well) The wheels come molded in gray resin. I sent mine out to be plated. mine are only to show how they look plated. You can get them from Jamie Rahmoeller at www.moluminum.com

IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

IMG_1467.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

I have bought a couple of sets through Ben and one directly from Jamie and they are very nice, they are not on the Moluminum page but email him and ask...that's what I did.

And no they are  not plated, that you have to do yourself.

Appreciate your info Ben. Yes those are the wheels on the box cover.  May have been included on the very first Papa truck issue?  Old wheels on old trucks is always my first choice!

No, the Papa Truck model kit have have never had anything else than the 10-hole Alcoa's and that goes for the Hideout Truck too, the Truck Mate 5-hole wheels Ben shows he has done the master for.

I have bought a couple of sets through Ben and one directly from Jamie and they are very nice, they are not on the Moluminum page but email him and ask...that's what I did.

And no they are  not plated, that you have to do yourself.

Thanks mate.