Model Cars Magazine Forum

2016 Builds...Let's See 'Em....

Oops......Deleted the one previously posted, because I built it in 2015..... :blink: But, I did build this one....It's sort of a big rig.......I can't believe I only built 4.....Slow year for me.....

20161023_142043_zpshow5rvoa.jpg

Wow JT you must have have a gallon of red lol

anymore inf on the 2 ext cab ford pickups ?

Wow JT you must have have a gallon of red lol

anymore inf on the 2 ext cab ford pickups ?

Yeah, sure.....The Ford up front is just an old AMT snapper with some wheels and tires for die cast models, and the one at the back is a Revell F-150 with Revell F-150 Lightning rims and tires on it....I used both those kits to produce that one......

And, although it may look it in the pictures, it's actually orange for the color.....:) And you're right....I have enough orange to last another 100 kits......Maybe more !!!!

Excellent models guys!

My stuff is real weak this year.  The Pete 359 is only 2 lousy hours away from being called finished, its been this way since August, and I can't get myself to do it.

My goal is sometime in February.

You know the drill, Man....Sometimes it's like that....I was just in that same slump......What I did was......Grabbed a "snapper" and build it box stock with a few extras.....That broke my slump.....Got it done in a couple of days, and when I was finished smiling at that, I was ready......:) Maybe that's whay YOU need....

Yeah, sure.....The Ford up front is just an old AMT snapper with some wheels and tires for die cast models, and the one at the back is a Revell F-150 with Revell F-150 Lightning rims and tires on it....I used both those kits to produce that one......

And, although it may look it in the pictures, it's actually orange for the color.....:) And you're right....I have enough orange to last another 100 kits......Maybe more !!!!

Oh orange is far better than red ! But i mght be biased due to my orange 1:1 57 Chevy B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A few more 2016 builds that haven't already been posted

Those turned out awesome, Man....I'm really loving that Freightliner......That's my favorite, but all those snappers are worthy of recognition, too....They're great !!! With the extra axles and kit bashed wheels and tires, they really look the part.....Awesome....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are my 3 from this year

11951941_10207723539916000_2176020836793613354_n (1).jpg

This is the only one that made it to the finish line for me in 2016...

Stepps 3B.jpg

Wow! Like this builds! Love the Ford LTL and a little more the Wrecker. Pretty cool ides with the lifted axle.

I'm working on the "Can Do" combined with a COE by AMT.

My second truck project is the LTL9000 as a dump truck. But there is a way to go....

Last year I accomplished one truck since over 15 years. It is the Revell Peterbilt 259 Conventional (1/25 - #85-1506). I was testing the weathering set by Revell and some other techniques. The fuel tanks are done with Alclad chrome. Some oil in the engines compartment, the rear plate was from a donor kit, some cables and that's it.

IMAG3316.jpg

IMAG3319.jpg

IMAG3320.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...