Model Cars Magazine Forum

2016 Builds...Let's See 'Em....

Oops......Deleted the one previously posted, because I built it in 2015..... :blink: But, I did build this one....It's sort of a big rig.......I can't believe I only built 4.....Slow year for me.....

20161023_142043_zpshow5rvoa.jpg

Very cool!!!!! Love that extended cab Ford Lightning! I wanted to build the same thing! I wanted to build and extended cab GMC Syclone too!

Here's the only two (big trucks) I finished in 2016. I sure started a lot though! LOL

IMG_3818.JPG

I'm loving this bad boy.....So nice....Outstanding work, Man.....I've always wanted to build one of these.....Upon seeing this one, I may have to get on it..... 1/32 scale?

Edited by kilrathy10

I'm loving this bad boy.....So nice....Outstanding work, Man.....I've always wanted to build one of these.....Upon seeing this one, I may have to get on it..... 1/32 scale?

It's actually 1/64 with a 1/50 Moffett forklift. Trailer was shortened from 53', forklift carrier added, tool boxes added, real wood deck added and the trailer headboard was built from scratch. On the tractor I added a headache rack, Five hole drive wheels painted white and Home Depot decals from Modeltruckin.com added to the doors, tractor mudflaps and trailer mudflaps.

http://public.fotki.com/lotso/164-home-depot-truc/

It's actually 1/64 with a 1/50 Moffett forklift. Trailer was shortened from 53', forklift carrier added, tool boxes added, real wood deck added and the trailer headboard was built from scratch. On the tractor I added a headache rack, Five hole drive wheels painted white and Home Depot decals from Modeltruckin.com added to the doors, tractor mudflaps and trailer mudflaps.

That is just too sweet....They really have a lot to offer in 1/64 scale.....Very expensive, but there is a lot out there.....Awesome job....

That is just too sweet....They really have a lot to offer in 1/64 scale.....Very expensive, but there is a lot out there.....Awesome job....

Thanks! Yeah, i've been collecting them since the eighties. DCP made a Home Depot truck a couple years ago but to me, it was a joke! 53' trailer and all they did was put a Matchbox forklift hanging off the trailer, by putting the forks under the load. That's why I built my own.

Thanks! Yeah, i've been collecting them since the eighties. DCP made a Home Depot truck a couple years ago but to me, it was a joke! 53' trailer and all they did was put a Matchbox forklift hanging off the trailer, by putting the forks under the load. That's why I built my own.

The DCP version.

IMG_3870.JPG

I heard that.....I don't think I would have liked this one, either.....The one you built is way more like the ones I see parked out front of Home Depot when they're not in use.....I need to get some shots of that thing next time I go....Gonna have to add one of these to the fleet.....Anything with orange in it is fair game....:D

*&GULP&* That's 1/64th scale???????????? Holy Cats!!!!!!!!!!!! That is kool!!!

Thanks! I'm also building this 1/160 (N scale) GHQ Peterbilt 359 with lowboy. The trailer is complete but I still need to paint the tractor yellow and apply the stripes.

*&GULP&* That's 1/64th scale???????????? Holy Cats!!!!!!!!!!!! That is kool!!!

IMG_3874.JPG

IMG_3875.JPG

IMG_3876.JPG

IMG_3877.JPG

IMG_3878.JPG

IMG_3879.JPG

IMG_3880.JPG

ummm Ben???? You like........ crazy er something????? Man that is tiny!!!! I couldn't see it let alone pick it up with my fumble fingers!!!!!!!!! Yikes!!!!!!!

LOL, I saw that same trailer, built at a hobby shop and they wanted $150.00 for it and it wasn't even half as detailed as I painted mine. I just thought, $150.00!?!?!? I can do better than that! The trailer kit cost me about $7.00 if I remember correctly?

LOL, I saw that same trailer, built at a hobby shop and they wanted $150.00 for it and it wasn't even half as detailed as I painted mine. I just thought, $150.00!?!?!? I can do better than that! The trailer kit cost me about $7.00 if I remember correctly?

wow, kool beans!!!!! Take yours in and sell them there for a few hundred....

This is the only one I finished last year. International Paystar dump truck kit with a shortened frame, scratch built winch tower and minor weathering. The truck is mostly box stock otherwise. The trailer is box stock with some light weathering and a real wood deck. 

100_3785_1.jpg

100_3783.jpg

100_3781.jpg

Paystar%20winch%20installed.jpg

Here's mine, just finished.  It started as a Papa Truck, Kenworth Aerodyne with some changes.  This is my first big rig after building race cars for years.  It attracted my attention because it is a race car hauler and you don't see many cabovers any more.  It is featured in the on the workbench and under glass sections.

p1.thumb.jpg.c560305ee418b0322df0d2cf20b

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine, just finished.  It started as a Papa Truck, Kenworth Aerodyne with some changes.  This is my first big rig after building race cars for years.  It attracted my attention because it is a race car hauler and you don't see many cabovers any more.  It is featured in the on the workbench and under glass sections.

p1.thumb.jpg.c560305ee418b0322df0d2cf20b

You know what I like the most about this version?? That black ramp....Not sure why, but it does something for the whole build.....I like that.....