Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jo-han 66 cadillac hearse

mademan

Hey there, I dont realy post a whole lot here, but thought I would bring this build over, as It is in a buildoff against "Undead WHite Boy, a.k.a. EVILONE" on another forum. I will update this as much as I can, but the build off ends april 8th - july 8th, so I am not rushing things.

here are some pics:

sealed jo-han kit>

DSCF6126.jpg

a few odds and ends

DSCF6131.jpg

test fitting the 572 big block resin, smoothing the firewall,etc.

DSCF6201.jpg

Then I decided to go "full show" under the hood, and extend the inner fenders and smooth it all out.

DSCF6207.jpg

DSCF6221.jpg

DSCF6228.jpg

more pics to follow

Edited by mademan

finished off the interior, with the exception of a column, photo etched csddy wheel, and a few othe minor details.

DSCF6389.jpg

also picked up a few other parts

DSCF6403.jpg

the money shot

DSCF6404.jpg

I gotta say a HUGE thanks to Rick over at www.scaledreams.com!! Ive gotten alot of stuf from him for this build, excellent prices, fast shipping!

Please proceed on posting pics of the hearse. I enjoy looking at different lo-lo's. Tired of seeing dropped Impalas. I really like hearses and have been wanting ol' Heavenly for a while. Great start. I like the coffin you had on top of the plenum. :rolleyes:

Most of us may not like lowriders, but we do enjoy watching the projects being built, and the finished project. And yes I even have a Thunderbird lowrider in my stash.

Great job, keep up the progress and the posting.

Fantastic work. The color is perfect and the top sets it off well. Your attention to detail is first rate. But I gotta say, the 13" rims/tires look out of place. I know they are the rage for bombers and lowriders, but they look wrong on a car that long and tall.

• 3 weeks later...
How's the build going? I'm not a fan of the color green, but yours looks awesome! Let us see an update!

to tell you the truth, I havent touched it in a few weeks. EvilOne (undead_white_boy) backed out of the buildoff a couple weeks back, and then I had some important family issues to take care of. But I am now back to normal, and ready to go again. I should have an update in a day or so.

Jaffa- I was originally going to go with a "Locked up" rear end and nose down, but I am contemplating, and all around low ride height. I cut the factory moulded in rear suspension and driveshaft out, and replaced it with a homemade aluminum driveshaft, and chrome rear impala suspension.

i will try to have an update in a day or so!

thx for the interest guys,

Mike

######, that is waaay cool. I would be scared to death (yeah it is a pun) to get in a build off with you. There is love for low rider guys here. I mean in a manly sense, that is. I am not a low rider builder, but they are one of my favorites to see. The artistry is truly, well, artistic. And as for haters, in the 1/1 world, I was coming back from a fire call (I am a fireman) and I got my Lt to pull over to see a car show. A real live DeTomaso Pantera caught my eye, but there were all kinds of low riders, and donks there. My first real donk, I've ever seen! I really enjoyed seeing the pride and variety in the cars. Other than the Pantera owner, we were (mainly me) shunned and even glared at. My first time being around "car guys" that didn't want to talk cars. I guess low rider guys have no love for Fire Engines. So, no hatin' out of me. Cars, no matter the genre, are a great thing, and I would have really missed out if you wouldn't have posted your fantastic build here. So, I thank you for that.

Later,

Greg

• 1 month later...

not a whole lot done since my last post. but i decided to pull this one back out and wrap it up while im waiting for gold foil, and parts at the chromers on my 94 fleetwood vert.

I am pretty much finished up on the foil. Interior is being wrapped up tonight with the addition of seatbelts/buckles.

DSCF7082.jpg

i went ahead and made another of my trademark coffin engine covers for this one

and made a dist. and wires from a piece of alum. tubing and some green wire.

DSCF7084.jpg

at this point i have decided to go with a static drop, low to the ground all around. Im saving the machined pumps/dumps/cylinders for another project.

• 3 months later...
why any one whoud cut up a classic veary hard to find johan hearse kit is beyond me i find it disterbing and wrong in so meny ways

granted some want to " dare to be difernt " why not find a kit that has been repop a millon times why cut up a hearse

because it is there

if you didnt like what this guy has done then why did you wanna post in his thread

this guy is a builder as well as a collector

for every one hearse he cuts up he has two more he wont mess with

as for cutting up a hearse why not its only plastic

i have a saying

its his kit,his cash,and his ideas he can do with it as he wants

made

this hearse is looking real good bro

i can only hope mine turns out half as good as this one ;)

because it is there

if you didnt like what this guy has done then why did you wanna post in his thread

this guy is a builder as well as a collector

for every one hearse he cuts up he has two more he wont mess with

as for cutting up a hearse why not its only plastic

i have a saying

its his kit,his cash,and his ideas he can do with it as he wants

made

this hearse is looking real good bro

i can only hope mine turns out half as good as this one :P

collector?.... im just cuttin kits and breakin hearts ;)

DSCF5642.jpg

DSCF5637.jpg

why do I do it... cause I have 14 of em, lol