Model Cars Magazine Forum

14 Builds for 2016

DeeCee

Just excellent work Dale!

Your painting skills are top notch and are a pleasure to view.  I especially like the paint mix on the '68 Dart.  The body work on all of your entries are also a view to behold.

If I might ask, maybe a paint tutorial for an upcoming build?  Like a step-by-step deal?

Such a great talent, much respect from my side.

Thanks everybody, i think i had a lucky year with the paint.. :)

Michael,  a tutorial on paint is not something that would work in pics really, as what suits one, does not work for the next guy,

but , all i can say is PREPARATION !!   make sure every stage is perfectly smooth, if it's not, you will never get the depth and shine.

Happy to help if i can,  just  shoot a PM . :)

OMG those builds are epic. Are any of those painted with nail polish?

Update: Also, i just realized a lot of my posts on modelcarsmag starts with "blah_blah_blah". Dunno what kinda glitch that is.

Edited by nutboltu

Now your jus showing off Dale, just cos I finished one !!  As someone else wrote, each one of your builds looks like a years worth of work ! Fantastic paint, really good details, and above all great imagination !  

You definitely build the kind of stuff I love to build , you just do it better ! :unsure:

OMG those builds are epic. Are any of those painted with nail polish?

Update: Also, i just realized a lot of my posts on modelcarsmag starts with "blah_blah_blah". Dunno what kinda glitch that is.

Thanks , the only one in that lot, painted in nail polish is the Willys mate.

Beautiful paint! What's your process? (I won't tell anybody your secret is safe with 16,000 forum members :lol:)

On the quiet, it's all about sticking to what you know, 30 years of using Automotive Acrylic, and NOT listening to every expert who has an opinion,

just work out what works for you, as we are all different.  Thanks too. :)

• 2 weeks later...