Model Cars Magazine Forum

As Requested: My Resin Graveyard - yikes!

• 1 month later...

Yes, I am still making them.  Rocky and I are working on molds so that a convertible version can be offered.  The convertible parts were mastered by Raoul  (Sport Suburban).  Rocky and I are working together to create a resin venture I call Holy Grail Hobbies.  There are several model club members that are willing to loan us original kits and parts to start much like the Modelhaus did.  I'm pretty sure their business started out resin casting parts so that the old promotional models could be repaired and made new again.

Edited by Greg Wann

I call your five stars and raise them:  Greg's a 6-star caster in  my book! 

I have many examples of Greg's resin artistry.  Everything he has done is top-notch! 

Of course, my favorite is the Cosma Ray.  I have accumulated several of those and have plans to replicate each iteration of the 'Ray . . . except that horrid George Barris abomination.

Thank you Danno.  I am working to get settled into the new house and shop here in Sun City.  I have officially reached Old Fart status.  I found out that all my neighbors are "real car guys"  The guy across the street has a really nice AMX in his garage.  There are several nice vintage cars being driven around my new neighborhood.  Model T's and 55 Chevy's for instance.

Yes, I am still making them.  Rocky and I are working on molds so that a convertible version can be offered.  The convertible parts were mastered by Raoul  (Sport Suburban).  Rocky and I are working together to create a resin venture I call Holy Grail Hobbies.  There are several model club members that are willing to loan us original kits and parts to start much like the Modelhaus did.  I'm pretty sure their business started out resin casting parts so that the old promotional models could be repaired and made new again.

good to hear it's still being poured!!!!! I pulled mine out again and hoping to finish it up now that I have some foil to use on it..........

getting close now!!!!!!

IMG_2204.thumb.JPG.409668babbd5b31dcf4b5IMG_2205.thumb.JPG.05044df4ea104bd829ad9

• 1 year later...
On 12/31/2016 at 11:00 AM, George Bojaciuk said:

Tahoe was definitely Perry's. My Typhoon started as an AAM Blazer. The 442, not sure it's Art's. His boxes were always marked. This is in a plain white box.

Several regrets: sold the extra Blazer I had, a '67 Buick GS and '68 Cougar GTE...all AAM. I was going to convert the Blazer to my GMC. Had wheels and tires and all!

You mean someone did a 67 Buick GS and I missed it. My holy grail!

• 1 year later...
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:07 PM, George Bojaciuk said:

Ooooooo! I've seen one of the early TKMs. Shipping alone would make it prohibitive. The model I saw must have weighed at least 10 lbs! Slush casting at its finest. 

Thanks for thinking of me, but I'll pass! Lol!

The last TKM project I bought was a 1947 Chevrolet station wagon, which cost $35 plus postage.  After months of trying to make it look like a car, I sold it on eBay for $7.00.  Someone once described this flotsam as "ground out of a piece of cheese".  A more accurate description will be hard to find.