Model Cars Magazine Forum

NAME 1 ARTIST

PARTSMARTY

HEY GUYS,

Name 1 artist or band who you love that is not in your normal musical style.I'll start it off.I'm a hard driving blues/rocker but I person that completely blows me away is-STEVIE WONDER.What you guys think !

Well, that's almost cheating. EVERYBODY likes Stevie Wonder!

Okay, I'll play. I'm not a big fan of modern pop or dance music, but I thought Gaga's first two albums were so amazing that I actually paid cash money for them. She hasn't done much for me in the last three or four years, though.

Justin Johnson. Look him up on you tube. Great master guitarist.

Nathaniel Ratcliff and the Night Sweats. Great feel good music.  Can also be fount on you tube.

Also check out Seasick Steve on you tube.

Edited by timc

No Stevie Wonder stuff here, but I do like lots of old Motown groups, great music and presentation.  Gladys Knight....and so on.

Outside of English Rock, Southern Rock is right there too from the earlier days.

Country Outlaws is a for sure.

Out of the box is Andre Rieu and his orchestra!  Classic beautiful compositions, he has it all.  The crowd rocks at these festivals.  Just unbelievable!

I grew up loving Stevie Wonder AND Johnny Cash and for a long time as a kid I just assumed everybody did. I'm a classic rock guy, mostly on the light side. The only band outside that comfort zone that I ventured into is Red Hot Chili Peppers ? 

I like the Chili Peppers....... A lot of their influence came from George Clinton, whom they used to hang out with as a young band. Their "Californication" album is probably my favorite........... 

I like the Chili Peppers....... A lot of their influence came from George Clinton, whom they used to hang out with as a young band. Their "Californication" album is probably my favorite........... 

Two things about the Chili Peppers for me, one is that their cover of Stevie Wonder's Higher Ground helped turn me on to them. And second was that through them I discovered Parliament Funkadelic. And that is one hell of a fun act! George Clinton is playing B.B. King's Blues Club in NYC sometime in the next couple months. I'm sure it's not the same as P. Funk but man, what an experience it would be.

Two things about the Chili Peppers for me, one is that their cover of Stevie Wonder's Higher Ground helped turn me on to them. And second was that through them I discovered Parliament Funkadelic. And that is one hell of a fun act! George Clinton is playing B.B. King's Blues Club in NYC sometime in the next couple months. I'm sure it's not the same as P. Funk but man, what an experience it would be.

Love the Pepper's cover of Higher Ground.  Their cover of Ohio Players' Love Roller Coaster is killer too. 

Seems like just about everybody, regardless of their normal groove, likes Stevie Wonder and Johnny Cash!

How about Adele? I'm not really into her type of music but she's done several songs I really dig (at least until the radio plays them to death and I get tired of them).

Rock/Classic Rock for me, but if I had to "outside the box" I'd go with Little Big Town.

It's a good song! I really like the theme. When I go I want to be super high on mushrooms ?.

This vid was filmed at Red Rocks Ampitheater. If you love live music you MUST see a show here. Most beautiful, best sounding venue I've ever experienced (and that's with about 350 live shows under my belt).