Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peugeot 203 pickup: interesting ugly duckling

traditional

I just received this 1/18 resin Peugeot from Otto Mobile in France, and I really like the fact that they didn't try to 'fancy up' the model with flashy paint, accessories or white walls. It's just a commercial vehicle as it should be from the '50s in France.  The Peugeot 203s were sold from '49 until 1960, but I believe that this exact style of pickup (with the high roof and tall double back windows) was from the early '50s because the rear of the cab became a little smoother and more integrated in the later years. it's quite obvious that Peugeot produced this style of pickup by simply modifying the sheetmetal on their panel truck version, and adding the box.  I love getting odd-ball vehicles from the resin manufacturers......vehicles that are unlikely to ever be available any other way.

PC290339.JPG

PC290342.JPG

PC290343.JPG

PC290344.JPG

PC290346.JPG

Edited by traditional

Who'd have thought you'd ever see a model of this. Very nicely done, and I like the Plain-Jane look. I've also come to appreciate the grey and beige colours of earlier decades.

Nice score.

Hi Peter,  Happy New Year to you and yours.

In keeping with the commercial theme, I decided to add a simulated canvas cover to the Peugeot (many of the pics in a google search show the trucks with a canvas tilt).  I only used pics from the '50s for my reference since the recent restorations were all over the map in structure.  Mine is totally removable and  constructed from styrene and Bondo, with pin-heads for the roof area fasteners. The project took a day and a half.

PC310349.JPG

PC310351.JPG

PC310352.JPG

• 3 weeks later...