Model Cars Magazine Forum

CANNONBALL 2017

Jantrix

I would like to join this years build off again, I've always had fun in the last three years although I did not complete  last year. These are the builds I have completed. 2014--1968 corvette c6 running gear and suspension. 2015--1972 blazer Ferrari 599 gto running gear. This year I would like to enter a Jo-Han 72 javelin amx . I'm sure I'll update the engine and suspension but as for the rest of it I figure it out as I go

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I would like to join this years build off again, I've always had fun in the last three years although I did not complete  last year. These are the builds I have completed. 2014--1968 corvette c6 running gear and suspension. 2015--1972 blazer Ferrari 599 gto running gear. This year I would like to enter a Jo-Han 72 javelin amx . I'm sure I'll update the engine and suspension but as for the rest of it I figure it out as I go

Happy to have you again. I approve of your choice of subjects. I'll get you added to the roster. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice Bill. Love those Javelins. I've been wanting to track one of those down for awhile now. For wheels and tires, cause the kit ones look awful, check out Joesph's stuff at http://www.fireballmodelworks.com/ his 1/24 Minilites and tires would look awesome on that Javelin. 

A bit of work done to mine so far, the engine is out of the Revell '99 Silverado and is mostly built. I had to cut out a bit of the inner fenderwells to fit the exhaust.

I also got the chassis mostly together. Front suspension is stock, rear consists of stock shocks with leaf springs from Revell '99 Silverado, and axle from an Aoshima kit meant to resemble a Ford 9".

WOW!!!!

What are we looking at, exactly?

Good eye Matthijs. It's Revell's Jungle Jim 70 Camaro funny car dragster shortened to fit a Corvette ZR-1 chassis. I took advantage of the cut body to make it a flip front. Most parts, including the interior bucket drop in rather well. I added more character to the otherwise flat front end. The loose body came from my parts box. It was a glue bomb and the plastic is glue-warped on the rear deck. Not sure how I want to remedy that. Sadly, the photo was taken just a week ago, so this is as far as I got. Still hope to finish it.

Jungle Jim Dragster photo credited to canneysgarage.

JungleJimCamaro_zps8cbeuedy.jpg

Edited by Lunajammer

Good eye Matthijs. It's Revell's Jungle Jim 70 Camaro funny car dragster shortened to fit a Corvette ZR-1 chassis. I took advantage of the cut body to make it a flip front. Most parts, including the interior bucket drop in rather well. I added more character to the otherwise flat front end. The loose body came from my parts box. It was a glue bomb and the plastic is glue-warped on the rear deck. Not sure how I want to remedy that. Sadly, the photo was taken just a week ago, so this is as far as I got. Still hope to finish it.

Jungle Jim Dragster photo credited to canneysgarage.

JungleJimCamaro_zps8cbeuedy.jpg

Nice job, I must say! I felt it had something modernish and I liked it! Is this a pro touring inspired build? This can turn out the be a build of something that would be a high end build in 1:1...

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

MG

• 2 weeks later...

Nice stuff going on here - should be a "hard" battle :D...race!

to get back to the Hobby, Rob please Count me in.

I will build the "Mercedes Benz SLR" - old Revellkit.

102421-10080-pristine.jpg

Picture taken from scalemates.com - i have no box.

Perhaps similar to my Cannonballer in 2015 or ...dont know. lets take a ride ;)