Model Cars Magazine Forum

CANNONBALL 2017

Jantrix

Love the stuff that can get done when time is running out !! lol 

Looking good EVERYONE

Gonna try and finish this weekend,... Auxiliary tank installed...

2dbkHzX.jpg

dzWqkWw.jpg

I should backtrack and tell everyone that the Busch container holds nothing but their "fresh spring water"....

yep

Cheers

Always takin' it to the 9's eh Bruce? Amazing detail. Makes me feel like an apprentice... well that's true enough anyway.

Engine in place.

2v2uqaeEjxfGubg.jpg

Chassis done.

2v2uqaeJrxfGubg.jpg

Body in first color, which will be mostly an accent color after it gets masked and the rest of the body is painted something else.

2v2uqaeuNxfGubg.jpg

Wow.  Thanks for all the nice words guys but I need to make more stuff for the interior having see those pics.

Bruce, did your auxiliary tank once have another purpose igniting dried organic matter tightly rolled in paper tubes?

Bruce, did your auxiliary tank once have another purpose igniting dried organic matter tightly rolled in paper tubes?

Hehehe..well it did contain a super mixture of butane and propellant yes,...something Texaco is working on to try to get back into the fossil fuel racket

Finished the Cuda

8dPRegw.jpg

She's at the starting line

Looks good. At least one Canadian will be at the starting line mine went back in the box (I am stumped and don't know what to do) and I will probably bring it out in a couple of days and see if I can figure something out. 

Good luck to everyone hopefully I can see you all at the starting line.  

Awesome work Bruce!

I stripped and repainted the Challenger’s hood to try and get a better fit - works a bit better. The twist holds for a few days and eventually one corner is slightly higher again, but...nothing more I’m going to do about it. I just hope it doesn’t catch air going 132 mph across the country and rip off.

D36E3C8B-0B51-49CE-BE29-FA3330C481AE.jpeg

That looks decidedly evil Bruce.  And very low.  Did no-one inform you about the speed humps immediately after the starting line?  Hope you don't get hung up.;):D

So, one week to go.  I might finish with a few hours to spare.

It's all glued together into one large piece now with just a few minor detailing parts to attach and a lick of paint here and there...

...and then I decided at the last minute to build an exhaust system instead of running with open headers.  Nothing fancy, just large bore straight through pipes dumping ahead of the rear wheels but they'll need a few days for the glue to dry and then be painted.

Looks good. At least one Canadian will be at the starting line mine went back in the box (I am stumped and don't know what to do) and I will probably bring it out in a couple of days and see if I can figure something out. 

Good luck to everyone hopefully I can see you all at the starting line.  

Agreed!

Bruce, your Cuda looks awesome! a real beast, super details on the Interieur.

Well, it's not completely finished, but I am going to call Granny's Stealth Impala done for now. The idea was to take a Grandma-Gold-colored Bingo Cruiser Impala and go stealth mode. A turbo 3.8 V-6 and a lowered suspension would hopefully allow the crew the power to fly low to the ground. An LED bar is mounted on a police push bar for extra help in night running. A complete array of computers, satellite links and electronic counter surveillance equipment allow the guys to track conditions up ahead. For the last couple weeks I have been searching for some pretty important missing parts, i.e. the window glass, the roof rack with the antenna cluster, and the snack food bags and McDonald's sacks. I've checked everywhere. I'm pretty sure they crawled out of the box and snuck out of the house. I will keep looking and should they decide to show up I'll update, but for the moment I'm ready to move on.

modelcannonballImpalaFrontMain.PNG

modelcannonballImpalaFrontView.PNG

modelcannonballImpalaInterior.PNG

3 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

What IS that secret weapon,...?!?

Well, the secret weapon is the Nitrous Turbolene Generator, which creates the fuel enhancement Turbolene on a mobile platform and is burned in a conventional internal combustion engine. I could go on, but it's all very technical you understand... very technical.

I got very little done this weekend. With the exception of Thanksgiving family obligations, I've been in bed sick since Friday. Really rough cold or flu or something. But I did get another color on the Corvette body before all that.