Model Cars Magazine Forum

CANNONBALL 2017

Jantrix

3 hours ago, Jordan White said:

Since I for some reason can't reply in the poll thread, it's saying "this field is required" for the section that I didn't cast a vote in, though I noticed that there are other votes being counted.

Same here.

I quickly looked at who voted for what and it looks like those votes that are showing were placed in both groups. So voters that submitted voted that show selected one vote in group one and one vote in group two. 

Okay, I think I remedied the problem. It's all coming back now from last year. The poll is set up like a question and you click on the answers. The question is, "which is your favorite choice." But only five answers are allowed for each question so we have to spread the nine entries over three questions, or groups. The problem is each group or "question" requires an answer or the poll won't work for you. I've restacked the lineup to include a "none of the above" option so you need to select your model then in all the other groups "none of the above."

To complicate things each time I make a polling edit, one of the models goes away and I have to re-enter it again.

Edited by Lunajammer

Question...I voted before the poll was reorganized, with one vote, and it accepted it no problem.

I thought once you voted, the poll recognized you and would not let you vote again.

When I go to the poll now, it will allow me to vote or preview the results. 

Did my first vote count?

Prior to reorganizing, it took my vote too, but when I returned later it did not show my vote. At the far right right where it shows the number of people who voted for a model, click on the number or the little man and it will show you who voted for that model. If you don't see your name on the model you voted for, then vote again. 

4 hours ago, zenrat said:

Yeah?  I never do.

Not surprising. You are a tremendous builder with a knack for picking interesting and fun projects for the Cannonball. That's a hard combination to beat whether you vote for yourself or not. Three CR wins is testament to that. I've only managed to finish a model three times out of ten. I need all the help I can get, so I don't feel bad at all about voting for myself. 

Thanks for the compliments Jant.  My head is now swelled up and I can't get out of the room as the doorways are too narrow.

Nothing wrong with voting for yourself, after all politicians do it all the time (although that is hardly a recommendation).  I just can't bring myself to do it and find it interesting that some people do.

I vote for myself twice. :lol:

For the record Erik, that Challenger looks so good, if you removed the background it could pass for real. I'm usually in awe of the precision and realism of your details. Looking forward to the full walk-around.

Edited by Lunajammer

Well, I arrived at the start line to a few paper cups and the wind blowing through dry, bare branches. But, spirits were still high becuase, despite being a week late, the car is complete...full post up in “Under Glass”.

Thanks to Rob and Mike for a great idea and thread and coordinating the CBP for so many years. Looking forward once again to the next Race!

A9477A66-956F-4E1C-93BC-2AB096944836.jpeg

Outstanding! I think you should add some shots to the Finished Builds thread so it will be on record as having finished with a group of champions. It's not unusual, especially in busy years, to have finished builds added later.

I'll close voting and declare a winner tomorrow. It will have been ten days since the deadline and seven since the race "start."

3 hours ago, Erik Smith said:

Well, I arrived at the start line to a few paper cups and the wind blowing through dry, bare branches. But, spirits were still high becuase, despite being a week late, the car is complete...full post up in “Under Glass”.

Thanks to Rob and Mike for a great idea and thread and coordinating the CBP for so many years. Looking forward once again to the next Race!

Yes, very nice Erik! You should be included.

2v2uN49DGxfGubg.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS BELUGAWRX (Bruce Coy) for winning this year's Cannonball Run CBP.

Right out of the gate, his '70 Barracuda was hard to keep up with. He took the lead and kept it all across America. Special recognition for DOMINIK (Dominik Weitzer), in his Mercedes 300 SLR who was the only one who had a chance to catch the leader and stayed within site the entire distance, but couldn't make his pass before the Redondo Beach finish line.

Well done to all who participated and, of course, to Jantrix for spearheading the CBP and for inspiring us to put forth our best efforts. You all get pink participation ribbons :lol:

Edited by Lunajammer