Model Cars Magazine Forum

CANNONBALL 2017

Jantrix

9 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

Look at you go...

I want to see a finish line entrant this year Rob,... You aren't moving again this year are ya ?

You and me both brother. No, unless a wildfire burns us out, NO MORE MOVING. I have taken steps to ensure a completed model this year. I've picked a kit that is pretty much perfect from the get go, with just a engine swap and wheel/tire change.  No heavy fabrication. John Teresi can smoke through all that, but it takes me forever. I'll probably not finish last years racer until after the next presidential election. 

I'm fairly confident I can finish this one, despite the amount of work around the farm. Gotta do something when it's snowing right?

I'm gonna post up my model in the 2018 thread this afternoon. Stay tuned.

Something I'd talked to Rob about earlier this year was to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of this CPB with a retrospective of finishers from the last 10 Cannonballs. I've done so in the Under Glass section HERE. The list is incomplete because not all photos are available online anymore, even from the Google archives. Some pics are small or low res so if you have a better photo, PM me the pic and I'll swap it out.

Edited by Lunajammer

On 12/15/2017 at 4:41 PM, Lunajammer said:

Something I'd talked to Rob about earlier this year was to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of this CPB with a retrospective of finishers from the last 10 Cannonballs. I've done so in the Under Glass section HERE. The list is incomplete because not all photos are available online anymore, even from the Google archives. Some pics are small or low res so if you have a better photo, PM me the pic and I'll swap it out.

Rob to the rescue.  I have all winners except this year's on a flash drive.  PM me your email addy and ill mail them out from work on Monday.

Edit. Oh. You've got them all.  Cool idea.  Well done. 

Edited by Jantrix

On 12/15/2017 at 4:41 PM, Lunajammer said:

Mike just FYI, Crazyhorse won 2009, not Zenrat.

http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/general_discussion/f/3/t/86993.aspx

Oh, I forgot to finish my story...

The Turbolene Generator? Yeah, it was a scam. To nobody's surprise it was a bogus technology. Made especially true to this group because you saw the photo of the interior with nothing in the back and couple gizmo boxes up front. Yates Technologies was just a front. It was all a ruse to get a bunch of stuffy fat cats to buy us a wicked cool corvette and keep a lot of grant money left over to fund any future Cannonball entries. Our report to the board of governors will be peppered with optimistic hopes for future results and how close we came to realizing the turbolene generator's possibilities and yada, yada, yada.

2v2uyubwvxfGubg.jpg

Edited by Lunajammer