Model Cars Magazine Forum

CANNONBALL 2017

Jantrix

Okay, the science behind my Corvette entry, I ask for your patience. In summary, the Corvette will be carrying a Nitrous Turbolene generator.

Turbolene is a molecule that when combined with Nitrous Oxide creates an unprecedented infusion of power to a conventional internal combustion engine. With the Nitrous Turbolene generator, the potent gas combination is fed in automated spurts to the engine. A manual injection paddle on the steering wheel can override the automation.

As spelled out in this Scientific American cover story, the LT-1 Corvette is perfectly suited as a test vehicle for a practical application of a mobile NOS turbolene generator. It’s roomy enough to carry all its parts and has the engine and performance platform to handle the speeds and agility we hope to apply. 

2v2unKtahxfGubg.jpg

You may have read in 2003 that years of Russian research on space station MIR had validated Sergey Yevchenko’s immense mathmatical theory of turbolene which predicted the complex molecule.  The full chemical names is TURBOMETHYL­AMIDO­PHENYL­DIMETHYLPETROL­PYRANITROZOLONENE

It’s not a sustainable fuel on its own but when combined with liquid petroleum, can expand output, duration and MPG far beyond any other current technology.

At the point of detonation within a cylinder, a turbide ion is released (represented by the green ball in the graphic below) which feeds atoms into the petroleum which in turn creates spontaneous compounding petroleum molecules in such a volatile reaction that only a small amount of petroleum is necessary to complete the burn. The NOS assures that the oxygen mix remains stable and healthy.

2v2udu55mxfGubg.jpg

Sergey Yevchenko’s mathematical prediction shown below was so complex only five people were able to decipher, prove and replicate it. Exhaustive Western research was hampered early on when the American collaborator, celebrated Princeton professor Arnett Cummings, forgot to carry the one in step11.

2v2udJuEsxfGubg.jpg

The turbolene generator is actually the smallest but heaviest unit inside the whole system which includes two decaliter reservoirs that are continually pressurizing. The turbolene generator, or “doughnut,” produces the elusive molecule that allows the NOS and fuel to burn with unprecedented output while lubricating and cooling within the cylinder in ways liquid oxygen fails, yet energy expansion is compounded.

The "doughnut" diagramed below, has been engineered to safely generate, store and feed from one unit, and for the first time is mobile enough to be transported in a conventional road vehicle.

2v2udJ3pdxfGubg.jpg

Edited by Lunajammer

2v2unKtigxfGubg.jpg

BodyRough2_zpsrky21pjx.jpg

You can see how conspiracy theories evolved since the ‘90s about secret government programs that developed vastly greater gas milage and how the technology existed but was being squelched and denied by co-conspiring government leaders and big oil companies. From fragmented clues leaked from the MIR research, many ridiculous claims have circulated through the (then) new and growing world wide web. The truth in some cases was greater than fiction, it was just midguided.

Edited by Lunajammer

Welp, I'll have to bow out this year, just fried my brain looking at that... Thanks Mike

Joking aside that's going to be a killer entry when completed.

Nothing solid on my entry choice, still rolling stuff around my head. The top three ideas right now are.

#1 Ferrari F50 (fav exotic of all time) plus y'know "Red Ferrari" :D 

#2 Custom Gremlin, very custom.

#3 '66 - '67 Tempest Wagon

Still close to the table is a Hellcat Challenger but even though I love Mopar's the above mentioned are more intriguing to me.

The Cuda,...ya well it was the only kit in my dwindling stash, that had any relation to Brock Yates, ....only by being a 1970 model lol

And its what I would want to drive cross country hehehe

I hear ya Steve,..I figure, that if I start enough builds,.... I might be able to finish ONE 

Good Luck everyone,...Cheers

Someone up above is going to be a little upset when they discover their molecule generator is in fact a fusion reactor, and it simply WON'T FIT. If you got it working, you could forget about the rest of the setup as you'd need a whole new system to use it.  Mind you, you could probably power every town you passed through.

Edited by otherunicorn

On 1/12/2017 at 6:56 AM, otherunicorn said:

Someone up above is going to be a little upset when they discover their molecule generator is in fact a fusion reactor, and it simply WON'T FIT. If you got it working, you could forget about the rest of the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH as you'd need a whole new system to use it.  Mind you, you could probably power every town you passed through.

Hmm. Now that you mention it, I guess I could see where the untrained eye might see a resemblance, you know, if you squint. But that's my fault. I didn't provide any sense of scale. This carefully calibrated measuring apparatus provided by the Institute of Weights and Measures shows it can easily fit into a Corvette. So...

2v2udJZBSxfGubg.jpg

Funny you mention it, our team has been using the term "light up every town we pass through" but mostly as a speed reference. :)

Edited by Lunajammer

Okay, the roster is up. Again, Otherunicorn, I need more info on your build. Seventeen entrants so far, mostly from our usual suspects, but a few new faces who are quite welcome.

Pat had a cool idea posting up his four racers, so here's my three. The Monza is from the original run and is called the Captain Chaos Special. My Stude racer is from the final SA run and the model went on to be a Carrera Panamericana racer. The Pacer is from the infamous Sleeperball. I've never won one, but I think I've placed third twice. Hoping to improve on that this year.

Finally had a chance to get started on the Tamiya Aston Martin DBS this morning. 

Cleaned up a couple of mold lines on the body, attached the front bumper, and gave it a good wash.

Here it is sitting and drying before the primer flies.

Edited by Canso65

Ok, so my supplier informed me that some of my parts for the Mustang are on back order, a long, long, long back order. So I've decided to switch up my entry. Since this is a "road race" I'm going to go with an entry that has a bit more speed under it. 

Going for this:

Jon-Olsson-Blacked-Out-Audi-R8_zpsgjir3a

Just ordered one of C1 Models PPI Razor Audi R8 Extreme TK's. Been wanting one of these for awhile now and Chris has just reissued it for a limited run. 

1454552_706836206008282_1303133848_n_zps

The TK wont ship till the end of the month, but once it arrives I'm going to focus on this pretty much exclusively till its done. I'll be doing it as a full carbon wrap with Gravity Colors paint. And of course Revell's Audi R8 as a base.

David

Edited by Jhedir6

Mine from years past. Left to Right.

2011 '70 Plymouth AAR Cuda

2013 '67 Plymouth GTX' "Sinister's pet Snake" & '32 Ford Skull Rod "Mister Sinister"

2014 '67 Plymouth GTX & '68 Dodge Dart

2015 '64 Dodge Polara Wagon

2016 ' 70 Dodge Coronet

No automatic alt text available.

Dude....you should try to squeeze some Mopar builds into your repertoire.

Great stuff there Jonathan 

Got a bit more done to the Cuda,...

IMG_5683%20800x600_zpsrhajydi2.jpg

Scratched up a BIG gas tank,..and got the ride height sussed...

IMG_5682%20800x600_zpszgufjnki.jpg

More to come

CHeers

Nice Bruce. Stock engine or something more modern?

Looking forward to more.

David