Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Bullfighter's first win update

yellowsportwagon

AMC first NASCAR win.Mark Donohue 1973 Winston Western 500 at Riverside.Not finished yet but thought I would show some progress pictures of another stalled project finally coming together. I got this resin body a year or two ago. It was pretty rough to say the least. When it was cast they  must have pushed the inside mold to far up . The roof and hood added paper thin. Couldn't even touch them without cracking the body.I smeared some fiberglass body filler inside to stiffen up the body.Filled plenty of pinholes and general rough surfaces. Spliced two AMT Thunderbird chassis together and paddled it on Monogram NASCAR tires with PPP rims.Thanks to Dave Van for the decals.Hopefully I'll have this done in the next week or so.IMG_0613.thumb.JPG.b79fe1974cc996185111a

IMG_0611.JPG

Edited by yellowsportwagon

A definite want to do for my collection.  I do see however a project in the background that I'm gonna be starting soon.  Better get started on the "chin ups" since you have "raise the bar" ! Excellent Vintage AMC Nascar Thunder !

p.s.:      You can send it back when you've finish it!   LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
17 hours ago, Bob B 73 said:

Awesome build Tim!

I'm looking for a resin body to build this same car.

Any idea where I might be able to find one?

Thanks !

Bob B

Go on Facebook look up Too Many Projects. He does a street version. Not to difficult to convert the body and slap it on a stretched amt TBird nascar chassis.

Very cool build there! The Matador is on my "hope to do one day" build list also - was curious, on the rear panel above the bumper, are those brake lights? Or just reflectors? Just surprised but I do see those shapes on the black and white pics of the car at Riverside....

On 8/17/2021 at 10:51 AM, Racing1970 said:

Very cool build there! The Matador is on my "hope to do one day" build list also - was curious, on the rear panel above the bumper, are those brake lights? Or just reflectors? Just surprised but I do see those shapes on the black and white pics of the car at Riverside....

I would say they were brake lights.