[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
afx

Halibrand Wheel Project

4 hours ago, Don Sikora II said:

Wheels in the Touring have separate knockoffs too.

That's probably what I was thinking of, but couldn't remember. -_- There was something different about them compared to the '36 ford versions which I didn't care for, but you're right in that the O.D. should be the same. Those GT Radials barely fit inside the rear fender of that Touring. :blink:

On 2/11/2018 at 5:31 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

A rare one - the Metalflake issue of the Revell '62 Valiant featured these 4-lug 13" Halibrands:

5a80cdb57962b_62valianthalibrand1.jpg.e113a83cad9d67e1224a298b241aff20.jpg

Not sure if there was such a thing in real life?

Found the answer - Yes, there was, with minor differences:

5ad3cf08d8666_4-lughalibranddeuce.jpg.7409bb332c8d20caa553ff4ce21aa04c.jpg

Image from Gary Reynolds on the H.A.M.B.

On 2/22/2018 at 3:29 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Image result for tony nancy 22 jr

I figured out what the wheels on Nancy's car are some time back; they're old Sprint smoothies mounted backwards...  

Image result for halibrand sprint car wheel

Bill, in effect, they are inside out, yes; but because the wheels are spindle mounted on the 22jr roadster, they were actually made that way. Almost all of the Halibrand wheel patterns created castings that could be machined either way to create any combination of offset desired. The smooth wheels on the Orange Crate do have the 8 ribs shown here on the back side. The 17 or 18 inch wheels on the Thompson Challenger LSR car are actually Indy roadster wheels machined with the smooth side facing inward also. My presumption is that more negative offset was needed on the Challenger application.