Model Cars Magazine Forum

KW T800 Logger

I’m calling this project done…minus the load. I’ll post an update when I have it loaded with logs. Thanks for looking and Happy New Year to all!!

IMG_0460_zpstpflmfpg-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_0461_zpsedlkm10a-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_0462_zpspucuev64-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_0463_zpspjrbslxd-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_0464_zps7f00rje3-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_0465_zpse1wh5cs6-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_0466_zpsbj2qhslp-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_0476_zpsduludnei-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_0478_zpsrkp5ybbt-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Tesla

? Dang Dennis, what a beautiful build.Im almost speechless. I know youve been working your ? off on this rig. There are so many awesome details. The rims and tires really make this thing look like the real deal. The chains and hooks are the icing on the cake. Best of all, the fact that this was 100% scratchbuilt is amazing. 

That thing looks absolutely killer. I have no problems with it at all. Could you post a pic looking at it from the front to show off the grille and visor and such? I'm curious as to how that looks.

Thanks Joe, I'm glad you like it! Here's a font pic for you:

IMG_0479_zpsmipga3uv-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Tesla

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! 

? Dang Dennis, what a beautiful build.Im almost speechless. I know youve been working your ? off on this rig. There are so many awesome details. The rims and tires really make this thing look like the real deal. The chains and hooks are the icing on the cake. Best of all, the fact that this was 100% scratchbuilt is amazing. 

Awesome, only awesome! Happy New Year to you too.

Beautiful. One question, what is the function of the two  rings on the trailer?

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, I really appreciate it!! This project involved two separate builds that have kept me busy:D

Pat, the two rings are used to load and unload the trailer from the back of the truck with a log loader. Here's a link to a video showing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWztJo-1qOg

Not sure I can say anything that hasn't been said, but I'll have to reiterate......This is one awesome rig.....Turned out beautifully......Absolutely amazing all the detail work on this thing......Detail where it counts, Man......Awesome work.....Just awesome work...... :D

Edited by kilrathy10

Top notch build Dennis!

Thanks Sam!

Wow Dennis!! I will never look at a snap kit the same again! I just went back through your build thread. Amazing work!! The finished product is incredible!!

Thank you Brian!! This was one of those projects that when I saw the 1:1 picture, it was begging to built:D

Dennis,

You've out done your self . This one is really sharp looking ! I like it.  IS it dozer time yet ? ol

Be Well

Gator

Thanks Gator and yes the dozer project will resume later this year!! :D

Edited by Tesla

Holy moly! Wow, that is incredible! Well done on this awesome looking rig!??

Thank you Daniel!

Awesome!

Thanks Chris!

Not sure I can say anything that hasn't been said, but I'll have to reiterate......This is one awesome rig.....Turned out beautifully......Absolutely amazing all the detail work on this thing......Detail where it counts, Man......Awesome work.....Just awesome work...... :D

Thanks JT! It was a fun project:D

Tremendous build! Love all the little details.........................and it's almost................SINISTER!   I LOVE it!

Thanks Tom! The "sinister " look is what attracted me to start this project.

Wow. Easily in the top 5 model trucks I've ever seen.

Ben

Ben, that's quite a compliment and I thank you!

Very nice build! I like the combination of parts and I have a great respect to your scratch building skills. This is very inspiring. If I ever get my hands on building a KW T800 I´ll be peeping quite frequently at your build thread.

Thank you so much!! It’s because of builders like yourself that make me want to “push the envelope” and not be afraid to try new things.:)

I am telling you Dennis, that is just one fantastic build! I am sure there are times you wanted to quit........ but wow, you really knocked this one out of the park!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Rick!! There were many times I would say: "what the heck did I get myself into?" If I hit a snag on the truck, I would work on the trailer and visa versa.