Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Shelby GT-350

madhorseman

Great mix of the fastback and convertible Monogram kits.  It shows who the model companies could sell more kits if they just put a little effort into marketing a "new" kit without having to do more than swap some parts trees, redo the instructions and box art.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Posted · Report post

Love it!! Shelby built 6 Convertible Mustangs, one was totaled with in a couple of months of being sold. the other 3 that I knew of a few years ago were Documented the other remaining two were unknown, back a few years ago. Awesome build BTW.

I've heard conflicting stories about these...then found this article:http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/mump-1202-1966-shelby-gt-350-convertible-the-ultimate-drop-top/

Posted · Report post

Very clean, very well done! Is this the car Shelby built for his secretary? I know it's authentic but I forget the exact story. At any rate, Well done and model on!

Rich, after seeing this article I did read another article that stated 6 cars. Including one for Shelby's secretary that was PINK ????