Model Cars Magazine Forum

Display Cases

I  am now building  1:25  truck tractor and a trailer that I am going to paint as a matching set.  All my models that I have built in the past are being displayed in a curio cabinet so they will stay dust free . I want to store my rig in a case etc. to keep it spotless also, but my curio cabinet is way to narrow for it to fit  so I  need to find a wide case or something to display it in.  I have been looking  for plans or ideas to build a display case or thinking of putting a glass front on a wide bookcase that mounts to the wall or just sets on the floor but I can't seem to find anything at all.  I  need  a case that is about 48" w , at least 6" d, and somewhere around 8" to 10" h .  Does anyone have any ideas or plans etc. or know where I can purchase what I am looking for ?   Thanks,

JARRNO88

You'd probably have to make one custom for that out of acrylic sheet (thankfully, you can get that at Home Depot) to your spec. It's quite expensive (~$100 for a 48x96x1/8th" sheet of it) to make the case. Thankfully acrylic works similar to wood, meaning you can bevel, sand, cut, etc. like normal. I'm building a few tractor + trailer combos so if you make this  I would love some pics and maybe some instructions as I'd love to make a few.

That is just the kind of display case that I need.  If they are in my price range I  probably will end up getting one from Gary Wallace and drop the idea of building one.

I also need to find out they cost.  Hopefully Gary is selling them  for what I can afford right now.