• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

Fujimi BMW 5 Series Schnitzer S5

36 posts in this topic

Posted

The dash looks perfect. Would they have painted the steering wheel spokes blue or is that something you wanted to do ??

Well, the instructions say that the whole steering wheel is blue, however, it's a much darker blue. I did the outer part of the wheel in Black, just to make it look interesting.

Posted

The Chassis is now complete, the only issue was the exhaust position, it was too high & offset to one side. I made a simple washer out of plastic & it sorted it out.

I conducted another spoon test. The photo is not good, but the spoon on the right is under-coated with Tamiya silver spray, and the paint has been filtered through some tights, and thinned with Lacquer thinner. There are some large dark spots, but it'll do...

The tyres' flash was removed with this dremel thing, it made a bloody mess everywhere, and I almost lost the thread.

A bit of diluted Indian Ink lifts the details on the wheels... just the body left now.

Chassis Complete 2.jpg

de-flashing tyres.jpg

Indian Ink in the wheels.jpg

Spoon 2.jpg

chassis complete 1.jpg

Posted

Interior tub complete too.

Very basic, I didn't add any seatbelts or flocking this time...

Chassis & Interior.jpg

Posted (edited)

Coming along very nicely, you don't see a lot these kits completed. Looking forward to the finished product.

It looks like you are getting a lot of splatter and dark spots on your test spoons - is the paint being thoroughly mixed? Spraying at about 25 PSI? Just make sure to test again on the spoons before spraying the paint onto the body. 

Edited by tmathew1us
misspelling

Posted

That interior really pops!!

Posted

Looks great!

That kit has nailed the shape of the Beemer, perfectly.

good wheel / colour choice, too.

I'm looking forward to seeing this finished 👍

Posted

The body shell has been a battle. I've been trying to deepen the panel lines, and ended up having to fill my mistakes.

You can see how it turned out in the sun roof... not great.

So I've decided just to paint it as is.

It's Zero Paints primer, then a couple of coats of Tamiya  spray can silver - with a light sanding in-between coats...

I'll let this sit for a few weeks then go over it with the boston green...

20170905_192151.jpg

20170806_164104.jpg

20170806_164128.jpg

20170806_164135.jpg

Posted

I still think it looks good.......maybe the paint will help fill-in a bit and distract.

Posted

Excellent so far, my friend!

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Posted (edited)

This is the body with the Boston Green Touch up paint applied.

It's Filtered through some old tights - due to heavy dark sediments. Not sue if that's part of the colour, or it's a defective mix.

It is also diluted quite a lot with lacquer thinner (Tamiya brand)

It has 1 mist coat, then 2 medium coats, then a few days drying, a light sanding with 6000 grit cloth, which went through to the silver substrate, then 2 more medium coats.

It's a strange colour, it looks really dark, but held up to the light and after a photo, it looks great. Not so great in real life, it's too dark.

The spoon is coated with Zero Paints 1K clear. It's had 1 mist coat & 2 heavy coats. Looks great to me. give it a week & I'll be applying the clear...!

20170925_183136.jpg

20170922_170718.jpg

Edited by Funkychiken
mistake

Posted

LOOKING GOOD!!!!